More Drow War Questions

Snapshot

Mongoose
I began running the Drow War series a while back and have a few questions.

[I have a paladin in the party which leads to a few of the questions]

1. What is the alignment of ghost of Marcus Capoletto.
2. In “The faked accident” Event no alignment is given for Mandy the Flitch- also what is a flitch – or was that supposed to be, filch.
3. In the bomb plot warehouse not a single alignment is listed – I assumed the drow and deurgar but is the alchemist evil?
4. What is Pogsnots alignment
5. What is the alignment of Sho’Hasta
6. What is the alignment of Petrus Carolus
7. What is the alignment of Prospero
8. Lord Malthus has two alignments listed LE in [City Stats] and N in his stat block which is correct.
9. In the [City Stats] all the crime lords are listed as LE but none have LE listed in their stat blocks.
10. The blind Stone golem – What is its listen skill? Does it suffer all the penalties for being blind in combat? 50% miss chance etc.
11. What is the alignment of the “Cats” in the Restful Inn
12. What is the alignment of Gerry Van Dorn
13. What is the alignment of the Winter wolves
14. Where in Caldraza is the Colombe country home?
15. Where is Jaim’s spellbook and what spells are contained in it beyond what he has prepared?
16. We stopped at the opening of 13b - and the door just opened and I know at least one of the PCs will be swept into the chasm could I have more details on the damage from the fall into the lake and the climb DC for having to climb back out.
17. I plan to use the Colombe Children as reoccuring characters for the first part of the series could you provide more info on the children including ages and distinctive features. I was impressed by Justine's plan to escape, however poisoning the wizard and stabbing him to death seems more like revenge than escape. - are you sure she in LG?

I am shure there will be more to come. Thanks for any help

Snapshot

I'm running the campaign so let's see if I can help you.

1. What is the alignment of ghost of Marcus Capoletto.

Most likely he's either Neutral or Lawful neutral. Ghost have the same alignment they had in life and most people are neutral. Since he was a tax collecter he'd probably be Lawful Neutral sinc ehe'd be inclined to collect money from the poor even if they didn't have much.

2. In “The faked accident” Event no alignment is given for Mandy the Flitch- also what is a flitch – or was that supposed to be, filch.

Flitch can be used in carpnerty or bucthing. But in butching it means the side of a pig or cut fitch and as a verb it means to cut into sides of meat and what not. While Filch is probably what was intended calling her Mandy The Butcher (basically) is kinda scary.

She's most likely Neutral Evil like the rest of the crew unless she's in it to surve than she might be Neutral but that's hard to imagine.

3. In the bomb plot warehouse not a single alignment is listed – I assumed the drow and deurgar but is the alchemist evil?

Drow are lawful Evil as are Duergar as a base aligment. The Alchemist is a non combatant so it really doesn't matter. Though He's either Neutral which is the base alignment for humans or Neutral Evil, depends on whether he's known to do evil things or he's just doing what he's hired to do. I tend to think he's Neutral.

4. What is Pogsnots alignment

Ettin's are usually Chaotic Evil by the Monsters Manuel.

5. What is the alignment of Sho’Hasta

Lamia are usually Chaotic Evil

6. What is the alignment of Petrus Carolus

Chaotic Evil, it says it in the begining of his description when it says he's chaotic and evil to the core.

7. What is the alignment of Prospero

I'd say the same as the Columbe Family and say he's LG.

8. Lord Malthus has two alignments listed LE in [City Stats] and N in his stat block which is correct.

City stats are the alignment of the goverment led by Malthus. He is Neutral.

9. In the [City Stats] all the crime lords are listed as LE but none have LE listed in their stat blocks.

Most likely none of them are LE. But the run their thieves guild with rules so the run a LE goverment liek Malthus.

10. The blind Stone golem – What is its listen skill? Does it suffer all the penalties for being blind in combat? 50% miss chance etc.

+0 Golems don't have skills. Yes he would be blind.

11. What is the alignment of the “Cats” in the Restful Inn

Animals are always Neutral. Nothing in the spell that created them talks about reataining alignment and since none is listed it should be Neutral.

12. What is the alignment of Gerry Van Dorn

He's probably LN for being a guard. After the infestion he becomes Neutral .

13. What is the alignment of the Winter wolves

usually neutral Evil

14. Where in Caldraza is the Colombe country home?

I have no clue. Sorry.

15. Where is Jaim’s spellbook and what spells are contained in it beyond what he has prepared?

Probably on the Barrowghast for his traveling spellbook and somewhere under Chillhame for his main spellbook. The raveling spellbook most likley only has the spells he has prepared.

16. We stopped at the opening of 13b - and the door just opened and I know at least one of the PCs will be swept into the chasm could I have more details on the damage from the fall into the lake and the climb DC for having to climb back out.

19d6 lethal 1d6 nonlethal. Which is the max damage of a fall into water since every ten feet is a die of damage.

climb DC 25 as per the rules in climb. But they would need to swim to the wall.

17. I plan to use the Colombe Children as reoccuring characters for the first part of the series could you provide more info on the children including ages and distinctive features. I was impressed by Justine's plan to escape, however poisoning the wizard and stabbing him to death seems more like revenge than escape. - are you sure she in LG?

Yup, plotting to kill someone isn't an aligmnent change. Good people can wish ill on others. Aligmnet isn't a straight jacket. If she went through with it than maybe she'd chamge alignment if she didn't seek atonment. Poison use is not evil, neither is kiling a helpess creature, if you as a Dm deem it evil make sure you remember that anytime your Paladin Coup De Graces a helpless creature.

Hope this helps.

Back