Monsters/Animals and the Reflex save bonus to Initiative

What's the deal on this? Are humans the only one to add their Reflex save bonus to initiative or do creatures do it as well? I don't recall seeing anything that exempts creatures from the Reflex save bonus, yet all the creatures and animals seem to be missing it from their stats.

Thoughts? Official ruling?

Which creature entries are you looking at?

My AE rulebook includes Ref saves for initiative for all creatures in the bestiary. That would indicate that any other source not doing so is in error.

Edit: I note that Pirate Isles and Scrolls of Skelos both include Ref values, while Road of Kings does not. Seems to be a pre-editing-overhaul issue.

SableWyvern said:
Edit: I note that Pirate Isles and Scrolls of Skelos both include Ref values, while Road of Kings does not. Seems to be a pre-editing-overhaul issue.
I was looking at Road of Kings. My Atlantean copy hasn't shown up yet, so I was wondering if it had been repealed in the revised edition for some reason. Glad to see it was just an oversight on the "Road of Kings" writer's part and not some rule I missed.

Thanks, SableWyvern.

Road of Kings was written during the playtest - the rule about adding Ref to initiative wasn't 100% certain IIRC (testers were still debating the point), and the core bestiary was unavailable at the time. Essentially, I did not know that would be the rule when I created said creatures.

VincentDarlage said:
Road of Kings was written during the playtest - the rule about adding Ref to initiative wasn't 100% certain IIRC (testers were still debating the point), and the core bestiary was unavailable at the time. Essentially, I did not know that would be the rule when I created said creatures.

AHHHH. That would explain why the creatures have the standard 3.5 D20 Toughness, adds 3 HP only and isn't dependant on level or Hit Dice, as well I'm guessing! I was wondering about that.

Back