modern/scifi or fantasy?

How do you like your RPGs?

• modern

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • fantasy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've played D&D, Das Schwarze Auge and B5. I've also looked into other RPGs though never played them. Now, besides from B5, the only thing that interests me, is Paranoia.

Voted for SciFi because it's more interactive and more elaborate than the typical fantasy setting (my opinion). In fantasy, there are always some archetypes of heroes that do the typical save xy, get item xy stuff. And the GMs I had didn't really have good ideas for our fantasy adventures.

B5 is something completely different, especially since you know the universe not from a rulebook but from a great series. This makes it a lot more realistic somehow.

Oh and not to forget: I dislike elves. And somehow every fantasy game I know and would like to play has elves, orcs and dwarves which is pretty annoying. And they all look the same. Elves are athletic, Orcs are dumb.

SciFi RPGs vary a lot more while fantasy just has some other rules but always the same races.

I like near future or gritty future without too much sci-fi thrown in. Aftermath is one of my favorite games and genre.

I'm gonna be the geek that points out that Star Wars is what is know as space fantasy. Kights running arround with swords throwing arround magical powers. But in space.

I voted for fantasy by the way

i like fantasy cos i like to be able to use swords/bows etc and not worry about someweak thing with an upber gun frying me

Survival of the fittist. Most Aftermath games, are a little short on ammo. Melee fights are more common. And resorting to primitive weapons the norm. A little tech thrown in reminds one of all that was lost.

Back