Mobile Infantry Add-ons Updated: 01/11/2008

Hiromoon said:
Preview:

C.H.A.S. Weapons Pods:

- Pyromancer Forearm Pods: Replaces the Hel flame thrower and Morita Ape Special with two Inferno Infantry Support Flamers

- Berserker Forearm Pods: Replaces the Hel flame throwers with Laser "broad swords".

- Render Forearm Pods: Replaces the Hel flame thrower and the Morita Ape Special with two Derringer Light Rotary Cannons.

I'll take the Derringers, please :). "Gunslinger" mode. :D

Mage said:
I would like to see a minaiture of the heavy gecko in a LAMI force...
POW! RIght in the kisser!

Hiromoon's right, I've had that in my head for some time to make up as a proxy model. It would of course need decals applied of little Tanker and Plasma Bugs in rows as kill markers, heh. :lol:

Okay, I've decided to go with the CHUCHK....say it like you were a Canadian with a cold:

CHUCH-KTankPrototype.jpg

I was thinking of giving it lumbering too....

And here's the Updated CHAS stuff...
Experimentalunit56_Page_1.jpg

Experimentalunit56_Page_2.jpg

Experimentalunit56_Page_3.jpg

Cybernetichumanoidassaultsystemu-2.jpg

Cybernetichumanoidassaultsystemu-1.jpg

Cybernetichumanoidassaultsystemupgr.jpg

I've Been reading this forum, and wondered what you all thought about this new MI unit I've come up with. It's based on the Axon SPMA from Unreal Tournament 3. I have the stats that I've come up with below, but haven't found a suitable model for it yet. anyway, tell me what you think, and I can probably tweak it to make it more balanced, etc.

Paladin SPMA
(Self Propelled Mobile Artillery)

Type Value Size Move Close Combat Target Save Kill Traits
SPMA 350 4 4” D6 7+ 3+ 12+ Hits/6, Half-Track/10”, Retaliate

Half-Track/10” – This unit counts difficult terrain as clear, but will flinch D6”.

Special Rules

Cumbersome – The SPMA may only react using its Twin 50 autocannon, and only if enemies are within its forward 180o arc.

Autoloaders – All weapons (other than One-Shot!) mounted on this vehicle count as infinite.

Deploy – The SPMA must take a ready action to deploy the artillery cannon, allowing it to be fired. While in its deployed state, the vehicle cannot move, and must take a ready action to pack up in order to do so.

Sloped Armor – Sloping armor provides additional protection, allowing this unit to ignore piercing effects.

Target recognition – Specially designed shells detect friendly units’ transponders, deactivating if friendlies would fall within the blast radius. The player may ignore minimum range for artillery fire but may not fire if a friendly model would fall within the lethal zone.

Weapons
Name Range Damage Type Traits
Twin Fifty Autocannon 30” 4xD6+1 Crew AA, Auto, Piercing/1, Fire Arc: F
DFA 200mm Artillery Cannon -- -- -- --
~Splinter Shell 72” 3xD6+1 Pack LZ(3”)
~Penetrator Shell 72” D10 Pack Accurate, LZ(1”),Piercing/2
~Eagle AA Missile 72” D10 Pack AA, LZ(1”)
~Tanker Buster Shell 72” D10+1 Pack Accurate, Killshot, LZ(1”)

Options
Plasma Wall – 20pts
For +20pts the SPMA unit may be given a Plasma Wall Shell
Name Range Damage Type Traits
Plasma Wall 72” 2xD10 One-Shot! Flame, Killshot, LZ(3”), Persistant

Eye In The Sky – 50pts
For +50pts the SPMA unit may be given a shell containing an antigravity camera. The camera is launched using a ready action and remains above the battlefield for the remainder of the game. After the camera has been deployed, all artillery attacks made by the Paladin strike without deviation.

An interesting idea! There's a picture for a Self Propelled Artillery Piece for the Roughneck Chronicles, but it's an incredibly crappy scan.

Your creation is pretty cool, and I like your artillery cannon...

Thanks. I'm thinking about possibly making it a bit more fragile, but I'm not sure. I used a Tanker's stats as the base, but it's designed as a mobile artillery piece, not a frontline assault vehicle. I'd appreciate any suggestions on this.

I was thinking about that while I was designing it, but wanted to justify the 350 points. I haven't had a chance to play that much, so I'm not really all that sure of how 'valuable' points are though.

Well, that makes sense but you should take the main gun into account on the basis of points.

I find the points cost to be somewhat, well, based first on opinion, then after a few game play sessions based on fact. See, you first set what you'd concider a reasonable price for the unit, then after a few gaming sessions you tweak said price till it's more balanced with the game.

I see what your saying. I'll have to try playing a couple of games with it and see how well it performs before I finalise anything. Hopefully I'll be able to find a good model of an SPMA unit that I can modify to try it out.

lt.harper said:
I dont know. may be cybernetic inplants?

Well, you could always put flesh over the CHAS units, but then that'd just confuse the K-9 units, with the neo-dogs barking at them all the time. :lol:

Paladin said:
BuShips said:
lt.harper said:
I dont know. may be cybernetic inplants?

Well, you could always put flesh over the CHAS units, but then that'd just confuse the K-9 units, with the neo-dogs barking at them all the time. :lol:
:lol:

Yeah, I crack myself up sometimes. Sometimes, even people other than me think I'm funny. Strange, eh? :wink:

Back