Mixing Fiery Trial with...

KaosDevice

Mongoose
I, like many of you, am going to use Fiery Trial (as opposed to Fiery Trail, blazed by the Conquistadores in the steamy jungles of Brazil) to kick off my Bab5 campaign. I really don't want to run it as a straight through though and plan on mixing it with other stuff to create a sort of bigger arc eventually leading to my Outpost 23 reborn campaign. Who else is doing that and what other sorts of things are your characters doing in between the FT modules? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

My players have, between FT episodes, been dealing with an alien drug problem (with ties to the Drakh, A Call to Arms and Crusade when we get to that time) and their own personal conspiracy problems.

You can check my story hour for the episodic details (check for the Beyond B5 story hour).

well this is the sort of thing that always needs the characters and players. I mean some of my best plots have being caused by my players doing randomly stupid things (Society has collapsed, your holed up in a shopping centre, so lets shoot those nice missonarys....who did they say they were from the church of Jesus chirst and the Latter day saints.....Never heard of them....GM: Mormans.....Player: OH.....oops!)

Bascially i am running an intro session which i am going to use to gauge the players and then put together plots with that in mind.

i don't think that much more can be done until you get an idea of the group. it is always worth geting the each memebr of the group to create a Good background, with family and friends, and even enemies....

Cool, but is any one else running Fiery Tail (in the bowl after hot, hot curry) and mixing it with their own work? I'm alone in this, right...so alone!

*falls into the middle of the depopulated Zoccalo*

"So alone!!!!"

"Hey..Zathras?"

KaosDevice said:
I, like many of you, am going to use Fiery Trial (as opposed to Fiery Trail, blazed by the Conquistadores in the steamy jungles of Brazil) to kick off my Bab5 campaign. I really don't want to run it as a straight through though and plan on mixing it with other stuff to create a sort of bigger arc eventually leading to my Outpost 23 reborn campaign. Who else is doing that and what other sorts of things are your characters doing in between the FT modules? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

My first adventure, I used the character's classes as a basis for writing a 'Gathering' type of adventure, where all the characters meet. I then moved on to the first adventure of FT. Then I've been using FT and the season guides to figure out the times between each adventure, as well as figuring out travell times to each location for each adventure. When that was figured out, I decided what episodes the characters could participate in as in between adventures. For instance, the characters wound up helping the Soul Hunter access all his 'secret ways in and out' if B5, and later helped catch the assassin who came for G'kar in Parliment of Dreams. By the end of Season one, however, they will become immersed in their own plots. For now, I am trying to get them involved in the show episodes.

Back