minitures

ironwolf

Mongoose
I can remember seeing in the Magnamund Compaion minitures being used to replay battles found in the game books. I always wanted to have them but there was no way to buy them. Looks like now there is a new release of them. I hope to be able to buy them soon.

This is something that I'm keen to have a go at as well. Some of the small skirmishes from the books should play out OK using the RPG combat rules. I wouldn't want to use them for any thing bigger though. I will probably use my terrain and measure rather than using a square grid.

Due to the lack of a points system to keep it fair for both or more sides I will play small games and give everybody a go at playing all sides.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Are there any D20 mass battle miniture systems that are worth looking at? What kind of skirmish or big battles would you guys want to have a go at? :)

Well it's not D20 and it's not that large of a scale, but the Mighty Armies serie from Mongoose looks perfect. I'm waiting for Christmas time to get myself an army, so I get more choice. Besides, it would make a wonderful gift idea...

redlaco said:
Well it's not D20 and it's not that large of a scale, but the Mighty Armies serie from Mongoose looks perfect. I'm waiting for Christmas time to get myself an army, so I get more choice. Besides, it would make a wonderful gift idea...

I like mighty armies and some Magnamund Mighty Armies would be cool, but I was after some rules to work along side the new Lone Wolf Minis in 28mm scale, although I think it would be possible to produce a good darklord army by mixing orc and undead sets.

Are you dropping hints, would you like me to buy you a mighty armies box set? :oops: Well tough, if I buy you a set you'll use it, but if I get one for my wife I get to use it, when the briuses heal. :lol:

Winter Wolf said:
Are you dropping hints, would you like me to buy you a mighty armies box set? :oops: Well tough, if I buy you a set you'll use it, but if I get one for my wife I get to use it, when the briuses heal. :lol:

ROFL :lol:

If you even survive, that is. While if you give it to me I promise I won't hurt you at all... And I'll send you pics when I'm finished painting them.

redlaco said:
If you even survive, that is. While if you give it to me I promise I won't hurt you at all... And I'll send you pics when I'm finished painting them.

Tempting, I do love to see other peoples paint jobs... I can't wait to see some LW minis painted up. I tell you what why don't you get a boxed set for christmas and send me the pics anyway. :D

You've got a deal Winter Wolf, although be warned: I'm a newbie at painting minis, so don't get high hopes... :oops:

redlaco said:
You've got a deal Winter Wolf, although be warned: I'm a newbie at painting minis, so don't get high hopes... :oops:

My paint jobs aren't golden demon or anything like that, I look forward to seeing your work. Most important just enjoy it. :D

Back