Miniature Terrain

If you like miniatures, you have to check out the Dwarven Forge Forum Pictures. I have a large collection and the stuff works great with 25mm miniatures. They have a built in 5' grid system so it works for any d20 combat system and supports the movement system as well. Pricey, but if you do it gradually you can build up a collection that is for life. Check out the work of Invincible Overlord. It is amazing...

Here is the link: www.dwarvenforge.com

I would love to hear any other ideas that people use for miniature terrain.

HLD

High Lord Dee said:
If you like miniatures, you have to check out the Dwarven Forge Forum Pictures. I have a large collection and the stuff works great with 25mm miniatures. They have a built in 5' grid system so it works for any d20 combat system and supports the movement system as well. Pricey, but if you do it gradually you can build up a collection that is for life. Check out the work of Invincible Overlord. It is amazing...

Here is the link: www.dwarvenforge.com

I would love to hear any other ideas that people use for miniature terrain.

HLD

Yeah the Dwarven Forge stuff is really cool. I've seen it in some local hobby stores, but havent bought any of it yet. Your right about the price and how to acquire it- slowly over a long period of time, building it up set by set. I havent jumped in yet, but think eventually I will. I have numerous Games Workshop terrain pieces, like their hills, a cool ruined tower, a grave yard thats also pretty cool, and some buildings and stuff from their Mordheim set, which is also pretty neat. Say what you will about GW (and yes I agree with some of the negative comments about GW) but they do produce some quality stuff. I also have Warhammer Quest, and a supplement for Advanced Heroquest, so I have quite a bit of gaming terrain type pieces that can do double time for use in RPGs. But good call on DF, they have some great looking terrain products. 8)

Yeah, I've seen those sets. I got the 3D Dungeons be WizKids. It works half way decently. Supposedly for their MageNights game, but they are 2" squares and not marked off in 1" which might have been nice.

The sets by Dwarven Forge are something I would like to get one of these days.

Thanks for the link.

I have about 4 sets of Dwarven Forge stuff, selling it on ebay though. Really good dungeon terrain, but a little pricey (worth the money if you have it). I was lucky and got it 40% off when I worked at my local gaming store.

I've been using one of those Chessex dry erase mats for Conan; not very much dungeon-delving.

Back