Milana Class Carrier, how do you rate it?

Is the Milana a better option than the Marta variant?

• Yes, the Milana is more versatile and more than capable of holding its own

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the Marta variant's higher hull and more defensive nature gives it a better edge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Morgoth

Mongoose
I had one of these in my fleet again last night and I must say that this ship is excellent. It has enough interceptors to protect itself and its weaponary is half decent too. That combat laser being precise is a real bonus too. Last night my Milana dispatched several ships including larger raid level ships. Lost some of the fighter compliment but heh what ship doesn't. I am seriously thinking about playing the Abbai in the next campaign I play!! :shock: :)

How have other players found this ship play against the different fleets, and also how do you compare it to the Marata with hull 6 but less weapons? :?:

This is one of my pet bugbears. Compare it to the Centauri Amar fast carrier; leaving the actual carried craft out if it, (Kotha vs Razik- I think not) it's massively superior. it is certainly the best light carrier in the game.
The Marata has a slight edge in speed and a big edge in survivability with the extra point of hull; so for something like a blockade run or fleeing to a jump gate, it's more suited to the mission, but for a straightforward fight, where you have to give as well as survive hits, the Milani.

Un- Abbai, but what I'd like to see is a dedicated combat version of the Milani that loses the fighter bays for more zap; call it a Merenath protector.
Speed 8, turn 1/45
hull 6, damage 26/6, crew 29/7
troops 1, no craft, Interceptors 3
Combat Laser; rng 15, F, 4AD, AP Beam Precise
Comms Disruptors; rng 15, F, 3AD, Super AP, special effect (pg 117 SFoS)
Quad Particle Arrays; range 8, twin link, F, P, S each 8AD

Slightly Norse John said:
Un- Abbai, but what I'd like to see is a dedicated combat version of the Milani that loses the fighter bays for more zap; call it a Merenath protector.
Speed 8, turn 1/45
hull 6, damage 26/6, crew 29/7
troops 1, no craft, Interceptors 3
Combat Laser; rng 15, F, 4AD, AP Beam Precise
Comms Disruptors; rng 15, F, 3AD, Super AP, special effect (pg 117 SFoS)
Quad Particle Arrays; range 8, twin link, F, P, S each 8AD

That would be a mean ship, a raid level ship I imagine at least. Would be a good ship to add to any fleet!! 8)

For me it's a sweet skirmisher with fighters on board incase you have nothing better to do.

Let's face it, the Kotha isn't going to be more than a speed-bump for anyone but Raiders and (maybe) Drazi unless you really burn points on them and those points are better spent on ships.

Back