Matt's Blog: Ringing the Call to Arms

lastbesthope said:
I just need her to do one more Mongoose event so I can get her to sign her Playboy.

LBH

If you'd have been smart you'd have got me to get it for you while she was fondling my bottom. :wink:

Old Bear said:
lastbesthope said:
I just need her to do one more Mongoose event so I can get her to sign her Playboy.

LBH

If you'd have been smart you'd have got me to get it for you while she was fondling my bottom. :wink:

I seriously think this thread needs some independent moderation immediately.

I'm trying to drink beer here, and the I'm being assaulted by these terrible mental images! :)

Regards,

Dave

Old Bear said:
lastbesthope said:

LBH

I didn't own the Playboy the last time CC did a Mongoose event.

And please less mention of your bottom :shock:

LBH

Foxmeister said:
Old Bear said:
lastbesthope said:

LBH

I seriously think this thread needs some independent moderation immediately.

I'm trying to drink beer here, and the I'm being assaulted by these terrible mental images! :)

Regards,

Dave

This is easily solved with the October 99 issue of said publication

Hey Matt, any chance of a Next Generation Star trek game? The old series has been done to death but no one does the new stuff.

If they (Mongoose) were to find someone to resume production of the mini's, let's say Ironwind Metals or Iron Crown, would it be worth their time and or money? The molds would need a review and perhaps new ones made if the masters are still around. Costs per mold here in the USA is ~$100-$150, or even more depending on the size. That assumes the masters are still intact (I would hope so). Best case we see production resume in the fall of this year by a third party.

Also, how long does Mongoose have on the IP License from Warner Brothers. It can't be more than one to two years before it is due for renewal. That would make anyone nervous about taking over production as the inital outlay would need to be ballanced with the need to make some type of profit for both them and MP within the time allowed in the current contract.

Best case, someone like Ironwind signs a deal to make the minis again, and we the playerbase don't let them or Mongoose down in the sales department. This would allow them the opertunity to refine both the minis and rules themselves, while allowing us to play a game in a universe we all enjoy. This also means that Powers & Principalities (P&P) needs to be rock solid in expanding the game while addressing concerns on PL and other areas under debate. A designer's notes scetion would be excellent towards providing some insight on why decisions were made, even if some of the players may not agree with them.

There are two worse case scenarios. One is no deal has been signed, and we are being led like lemmings towards a cliff edge with P&P. The other is there is a deal, but the playerbase fails to support the new manufacturer and we kill the game ourselves.

As always, comments are welcome.

Greg

This also means that Powers & Principalities (P&P) needs to be rock solid in expanding the game while addressing concerns on PL and other areas under debate. A designer's notes scetion would be excellent towards providing some insight on why decisions were made, even if some of the players may not agree with them.

Fully agree here. P&P has to change many of the issues with the actual rules and ships. Add in some goodies an it would be good.
If not ACTA will not survive a second Armageddon disaster.

I hope they don't focus on making the good fleets better and keep the weaker ones as they are. There are enough Issues with Drazi and Abbai as well as single ships (G'Quan, G'Vrahn etc.) which have to be solved. For exampole IMO Early EA has no need for additional rules, they are fine as they are and the strongest EA Fleet List out there. Some goodies and balancing of the other 2 list would be better.
[/quote]

Back