Matt - Rulebook Errata ?

Melkor

Mongoose
Hey Matt,

Any chance we can get an idea of how the MRQ rulebook errata is coming, and when we might see it ?

If it's going to be a while, any chance some of us could try and playtest through any combat errata and present feedback before it's officially released ?

Thanks.

I am afraid that publishing an official errata now could discourage some potential purchasers ("Ok, I'll wait until second edition before buying it", or worse "If a fix is needed less than two months after release it must be so broken that I do not want to try it"). Although some parts definitely need some fixing, we should stop asking for an errata until the "first wave" of core books had been sold.

My opinion is that we shall live with no official fixing for the parts we do not like for a while, at least. Well, after all, the RQ3 fatigue rules were SO broken that nobody actually used it, and there never was any official errata for them :)

RosenMcStern said:
Well, after all, the RQ3 fatigue rules were SO broken that nobody actually used it, and there never was any official errata for them :)

Can't disagree there... I'd still like an errata though.

SGL.

Mongoose strikes me as more of a pro-active company in publishing erratta and FAQ's rather than to adopt a 'wait and see' policy. Companies that don't support thier product sufficiently usually find insufficient customer's willing to buy thier merchandise.

Besides they've already said it's in the works, so be patient. Posting thread after thread asking for erratta isn't going to make it appear any quicker.

Arkat said:
Posting thread after thread asking for erratta isn't going to make it appear any quicker.

Thanks for the life lesson Arkat. :roll:

Please note that I also asked about the possibility of playtesting proposed changes (before the release of errata) to help insure that the confusion that most of us have experienced with MRQ wouldn't happen again.

Back