Mass Combat Question

PlayWithBob

Mongoose
This is not a "When can we have it" question. But rather a "Do we already have it" one.

Will the Mass Combat rules for Conan be the same as the Open Mass Combat System version 2 presented in Strongholds?

Will The Mass Combat rules for Conan be similar, or the same as the ones for Slaine?

Are those 2 systems the same? (I only have Slaine so I can’t compare the 2 systems.)

I would like to run some larger battles soon but would also like consistency in my system. Nothing worse to me as a player then a DM saying, "And now this core system works like this..."

Thanks in advance,

Thrack

I'm a huge fan of Malhavoc's Cry Havoc system. While it doesn't fit the DV/DR system exactly, it would be easily translatable.

I'm looking forward to what Mongoose has to offer but if you have a mass combat system that works for you already -- just use it

BhilJhoanz said:
I'm a huge fan of Malhavoc's Cry Havoc system. While it doesn't fit the DV/DR system exactly, it would be easily translatable.

I'm looking forward to what Mongoose has to offer but if you have a mass combat system that works for you already -- just use it

IMO, Fields of Blood by Eden Studios (sold out, now going to 2nd revised printing) is a much better mass combat system (handling much larger armies than Cry Havoc) than the mass combat systems by Malhavoc, Mongoose or AEG, and Fields of Blood includes extensive details on domain rulership. There were a few big boo-boos in FoB, which have been corrected for the 2nd printing). Eden says it should be out later this month. It's a $30 softcover vs. free for Mongoose's system, so YMMV. :wink:

InsomNY said:
In case you haven't seen, there's a mass-combat PDF for Conan just posted on the site. Go get it.

Got it. How is it different from Mongoose's previous Mass Combat systems?

Iron_Chef said:
InsomNY said:
In case you haven't seen, there's a mass-combat PDF for Conan just posted on the site. Go get it.

Got it. How is it different from Mongoose's previous Mass Combat systems?

More in depth then Slaine I think. I dont have the Slaine book here. Later I'll look at them both, side by side.

Back