Marches Adventures 1-5 - New Hardback!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
A new release has arrived for Traveller - The Marches Adventures 1-5, providing five full standalone adventures set in the ever-popular Spinward Marches sector!

You can grab your own copy here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/products/the-marches-adventures-1-5

Marches Adventures 1-5 - Cover.jpg

The Spinward Marches, out on the Imperial frontier, is a borderland sector where even the humble can find great fortune and exciting voyages. Marches Adventures 1-5 provides a set of adventures that can be inserted into any ongoing campaign set in this region of the Charted Space universe, while showcasing the Spinward Marches and some of the worlds within.

Inside you will find:

High and Dry: A classic adventure designed to kickstart an entire campaign. The Travellers have been gifted a detached duty ship by the Scout Service, which will be theirs to use as they see fit. The only catch is… they will have to find it first.

Mission to Mithril: The Travellers land at a rudimentary starport, only to find their vessel disabled and the base strangely empty. As they explore, a distant distress beacon is detected, but reaching it requires an overland trek. Having located the survivors, the Travellers discover their problems are only just beginning…

Search and Rescue: Working search and rescue in the Gorram system is a complex business. Gorram is Red Zoned to protect its emerging culture, with passing ships directed to refuel at Gorram Station. For the Travellers, a contract to run the search and rescue operation is a legal way to bypass the interdiction. After weeks of patrols, the Travellers receive a GK signal. A ship is in distress, somewhere in the Red Zone. The ship is crippled, its occupants in mortal danger, and the Travellers must act fast to save them.

Artemis Wept: The Travellers are delivering a breeding herd of critically endangered animals for Project Artemis, located on the backwater world of Pyramus. There they can relax and enjoy the pleasures offered – dinner with the local noble, pony-riding in the countryside… and saving an entire species from extinction.

Safari World: A wealthy industrialist needs a qualified crew to accompany him on a hunting expedition to an uncharted world. His prey? A magnificent and mysterious trapper species said to roam the planet. The safari takes on a new dimension when the Travellers discover they are not alone. The residents of 567-908 have eluded discovery for their entire existence, and now that they have been found, they might just be the key that helps the Travellers find their quarry.

Once again, much of the artwork in the .pdf appears only as silhouettes on Apple platforms. Please test on them before releases.

I was just coming to the board to report a lot of the images aren’t showing on my iPad. Hopefully an update of the pdf will be available soon :)

It is because some images have been rendered using the CMYK colour scheme which MacOS can read fine, but iOS does not.
(I think). So if Mongoose HQ resamples just one image into RGB format and see if it makes any difference, then they will know for sure.

It is because some images have been rendered using the CMYK colour scheme which MacOS can read fine, but iOS does not.
(I think). So if Mongoose HQ resamples just one image into RGB format and see if it makes any difference, then they will know for sure.
Same problem happens in Finder quick view on macOS.

Kind of dumb for iOS to stop supporting a very common rendering system for print first products. Other pdf readers don't have this problem.

Kind of dumb for iOS to stop supporting a very common rendering system for print first products. Other pdf readers don't have this problem.
We're talking about both macOS and iOS here.

I don't know that Apple has stopped supporting anything.

Possibilities are two: Apple's PDF engine fails on some standards compliant documents, or the documents in question are not standards compliant. I see no reason to assume the first.

(Decades ago some grad student in Berkeley wrote "be conservative in what you send and liberal in what you accept". The second half of that sentence has almost certainly cost billions of dollars and caused deaths.)

I see no reason to assume either one. The facts are that the documents appear to work on everything except iOS. So either there's a problem with iOS or there is a problem with the documents that's specific to iOS. The other poster says it works on older iOS devices.

Whether it's a problem with what Apple chooses to support or a mistake my Mongoose isn't clear to me. I'm sure Mongoose will want to sort it out either way.

Hi Mongoose, loving this product. Can you advise what text changes have been made between the previous High and Dry and Mission to Mithril scenarios? My reasons for asking is that I'm looking to run them on Fantasy Grounds and I want to ensure I copy across any new material for my game.

Hi Mongoose, loving this product. Can you advise what text changes have been made between the previous High and Dry and Mission to Mithril scenarios? My reasons for asking is that I'm looking to run them on Fantasy Grounds and I want to ensure I copy across any new material for my game.
Mission to Mithril had no substantial text changes. High and Dry had a revised mountain climb and a few minor tweaks in the preceding text. Nothing substantial was changed after the climb.

Both, of course, had substantial art changes.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Matt. It does. The new layout is much friendlier on the eye and the art helps too, especially for the NPCs.

Back