Maps and Minis

El Cid

Mongoose
I just bought a starter set of the new Star Wars minis from Wizards of the Coast.

The minis are painted and nicely done.

The maps both large and the small cardboard maps could work in any sci-fi game.

I'd love to see Mongoose do something like this for Babylon 5.

Sidney

Seconded - only ditch the collectible aspect of it. God, I hate how everything in the gaming industry is becoming collectible now...

Bishop76 said:
Seconded - only ditch the collectible aspect of it. God, I hate how everything in the gaming industry is becoming collectible now...

I have to admit it's darned annoying when you want specific figures for RPG use rather than playing the collectable game. Unfortunately, the pressure comes from everyone except the end-buyer. Manufacturers, distributors, and retailers only have to keep a single starter and booster pack in their catalogs, and demand tends to be higher as everyone buys hundreds of boosters to find the last few figures they want.

I always recommend D&D players order non-collectable metal minis through someone like GW than try and get what they want through the D&D collectable miniatures.

have to admit it's darned annoying when you want specific figures for RPG use rather than playing the collectable game.

Correct! The Games Workshop has a far better system even if it is expensive.

I'd like to see some Babylon 5 minatures, a Vorlon to call my own perhaps.

I'd like to see some Babylon 5 minatures, a Vorlon to call my own perhaps.
I have one!
Two actually!
Kosh and Ulkesh!
BWAA-HAA-HAA-HAAA!!!!!

Yup, those were the days, when Harlequin miniatures produced boxed sets of limited Babylon 5 miniatures... unfortunately they lost the license when they were bought up and became Icon miniatures before they could finish making all the minis I wanted (like a Shadow)...
But maybe we'll all get lucky, and Mongoose will make their own B5 character mini line! Maybe even the masters for the Harlequin minis are still around, and Mongoose can get them to "jump-start" their line. Or they can get their hands on a complete collection to make masters from (dunno about the licensing stuff - if all the rights are with the B5 license, or if the scultors that did those minis retain some - that'd be something for the Mongoose law-guys to untangle if they should decide to go that way -hope-)

wraith said:
I have one!
Two actually!
Kosh and Ulkesh!
BWAA-HAA-HAA-HAAA!!!!!

Curse you!

It would be good to see some character miniatures. What quality were the Harliquin ones?

Variable :? Some were really great (a lot of the aliens), some were quite awful (quite a few of the characters, but Sinclair, Garibaldi and G'Kar come imeadiately to mind). Most were okay.

The Vorlons were not at all bad given the limitations of the medium (and I've got one of each plus a spare Ulkesh to do up as the Vorlon Ambassador to Minbar or the two Vorlons that were with Valen (which actually was Ulkesh, but with the encounter suit in an unfinished state...).

The Marcus figure is superb but looks nothing like Jason Carter, but has the "feel" of the Marcus Cole (IYSWIM).

But I'll buy 28mm B5 figures by the shed load if Mongoose do some new ones...

Which set was the other Vorlon in. I have most of the sets, (I think?) but I don't remember seeing a second Vorlon. Was it in the third box of the sixth series?

Back