Mapping cities of Magnamund

Frozenblaze

Mongoose
Greetings,

I just ordered the whole Lone Wolf set (core,magic and darklands). As I searched on the web about the content of the books, I discovered that some crucial informations where missing for campaign purposes : a calendar (means i'm not satisfied with what had been brought on the tower of the sun forums) and some maps (although those on the TOS seem good enough) of the great cities (Holmgard, Hammardal,Toran...). Let's open this topic by giving sources and place names and in which book we can find them :

(Example)
Green Slipper Inn, Holmgard, Flight From the dark

I'll resume on this topic later for now my keyboard is messing up...
(btw, my books are in french so please forgive my translation)

Have you downloaded issue 28 and 29 of S&Portents?

That contains the article parts 1 and 2 of Port Bax which is of course an extremely important city in Magnamund.

Fire on the Water.

Frozenblaze said:
Yay ! Canonical information !

Thanks, if any other issues of S&P contains Lone Wolf info tell me...

There's a thread just a bit farther down on this forum where you can already find this information. It's entitled "Lone Wolf S&P articles".

Now somewhere on the net I found a few Magnamund maps (the Kalte trading post & a few cities) that some french or spanish person had done in their free time. However, they didn't match existing stuff (like established) coastlines too well. I believe they'd found their way into the load of official LW art (and assorted concept art) that used to be available in one big download from Lone Wolf Online. Maybe I found them somewhere else.

Frozenblaze said:
Yay ! Canonical information !

Thanks, if any other issues of S&P contains Lone Wolf info tell me...

Self Plug: Written by me :) /EndSelfPlug.

*grins*

You're welcome.

Balgin Stondraeg said:
Now somewhere on the net I found a few Magnamund maps (the Kalte trading post & a few cities) that some french or spanish person had done in their free time. However, they didn't match existing stuff (like established) coastlines too well. I believe they'd found their way into the load of official LW art (and assorted concept art) that used to be available in one big download from Lone Wolf Online. Maybe I found them somewhere else.

why don't you post the links over here?

Balgin Stondraeg said:

Those are Sabbak's maps, I think, and available on TotS (which by the way, is a rather cool community - the forums are well worth checking out).

-GB

Thanks guys!

I think that you are speaking about my maps indeed (and, yes, I speak french but, no, I'm not french, I'm from switzerland, so I'm swiss! :wink: ).

That is true that my maps are first and foremost my own interpretation of the LW universe and that they have not the ambition to be "perfect".
But I've paid attention not to draw anything completely weird, can you tell me what "coastline" seems odd to you?

Anonymous said:
I think that you are speaking about my maps indeed (and, yes, I speak french but, no, I'm not french, I'm from switzerland, so I'm swiss! :wink: ).

I love that joke.

Anonymous said:
But I've paid attention not to draw anything completely weird, can you tell me what "coastline" seems odd to you?

I'll take a look and let you know mate, I just remember a distinct impression that something felt a bit odd or not quite right about them and that it wasn't the artistic style.

Thanks for doing them anyway, they're great stuff :).

The Wolf said:
If that's you Sabbak, ya need to log in *G*

Arrhhh, yes, I beg your pardon, that was me, myself and I (personnaly)!

Okay I've checked the option "log me in automatically"... :oops:

Back