Map of Durenor

Shamath

Mongoose
Hi I recently bought Heroes of Magnamund and was glad to see a Map of Durenor, cause in other Maps the east was always cut.
My Problem is I can´t decipher the names, so could anyone give me advice? I think of northeast is the village Tar, followed by River and Town Trelsk? Further down are VKaven, Durwood, Bolde? The 5 Islands are Mansk, Jarl, Wadler, Hroth, Mundi Island? Please correct me, if I am wrong.

I think they are: Tak, Trelsk (river and town), Vicaven, Durwood, Boldic

islands are: Mensk, Jarl, Widlar, Hroth, Mundi Island

It is sometimes terrible to recognize it, though :(

andethir said:
I think they are: Tak, Trelsk (river and town), Vicaven, Durwood, Boldic

islands are: Mensk, Jarl, Widlar, Hroth, Mundi Island

It is sometimes terrible to recognize it, though :(

Thanks for your response, probably Mongoose will mention it in a further release, we will see.

Hello.

The southern city is called Bolde, as Shamath wrote.
I'm sure of this information, as that's a french fan name proposed to Joe by the Grimoire background team (now part of the Scriptarium team) when we were working on a Durenor supplement project in 2009.
That was the first city to be built after the arrival of the Ulnarians in the Lastlands.

The names of the other cities come too from fan base, as they were originally villages between Port Bax and Lof created by Andrew Gale / Koreth (Durwood and Trelesk). Joe kept the names (he just prefered Trelsk to Trelesk) but changed their nature and localization.

Some other mistakes too in your interpretations, with the names created by Joe:
- The eastern town is Vraven;
- The northern island is Mansk;
- The easternmost island is Midlar.

Wow, what a silent thread!
Too bad, all the interesting durenese things we could have talked about... :)

Just an interesting information: the colour version of Francesco's Durenor map can be found on his website, at this page: http://fratellimattioli.it/francesco/lavori_ls.html
The "Hammerdal range" name is still missing but has been recently added on the complete map.
2 other nice extracts of his global Magnamund map are available too, Anari and Kalte (with only the Mount Segr missing, but added on the complete map too).

But map lovers should'nt have to wait too long now before discovering the huge Joe and Francesco work...

Those smaller area maps (Durenor, Kalte, Anari) look lovely!

How do you get hold of a copy of the full map? Can't see a link to it or any option for purchase...

Yeah, Francesco made a great job.

I’ve a copy because I had the chance and honour to review the whole map with my friend Zorkaan, at Joe’s demand. Months of work, as there’s plenty of details, we verified all the sources (gamebooks, mini-adventures, Skull of Agarash, Magnamund Companion, LW newsletters, RPG, Legends…):
  • - to be sure to show absolutely all the existing geographical informations (at this scale) ;
    - to suggest some additions (for instance some mountain range names when missing) ;
    - or correct the inconsistencies existing on the maps or between some maps and some texts.

The map is still not for sale, but I know they should sell it soon.
Francesco made a nice cover too.

As an additional note, material from the two recent novels, mine and Richard Ford's, is also reflected in this map. It's really brilliant.

-A

MongooseAugust said:
As an additional note, material from the two recent novels, mine and Richard Ford's, is also reflected in this map.
Sorry August, I didn't mention the new novels, but Zorkaan is a great fan of your book and Richard's DoL and you're right: he suggested to Joe and Francesco all the new geographical stuff you created in the novels too. (I'm ashamed, but I still didn't take the time to read Glory & Greed).

Random Code said:
Be sure to keep us all posted here when the map gets put on sale, please?
Of course! Even if I think that will be Joe who will make the public anouncement as soon as the map will be published.

Back