male/ female?

are you male or female?

• male

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • female

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My guess would be 1 in 20 at best. I think in my 10 years as a gamer, I've come across 2 girls who played (though one of them won a GT prize).

My GF will maybe play...

She will paint, she loves to paint, and I loves to model... Teamwork!!! ;)

Yeah tho I met quite a few female roleplayers over the last few years I only know of one who has been into miniature games :cry:

I have found ther introducing females to tabletop really depends on what they would like in the game.

I've got to hand it to Roleplayers, they've got that manouver down!

But it's hard to get a female interested in wargames, mainly because many of them don't get quite thrilled over wargames. Of course, there's the odd couple of them, but still..

We just need to be better at showing them why we game, that's all :)

Oh, and about GF's wanting to play. It's all about following up to it, telling her "Look - i'd like you to play this game with me, and see what it's like".
Although, I'd say that Heroclix would be the way to start off, it isn't as gory as any other game, and it still has a feel of a boardgame so that they won't get too confused (in fact - use this tactic in general when introducing people to wargames).

Whoa - long first post, but then, hey all - new here and going to order my box next month :)

god i hope im a dude....... :shock: timmy is missing :shock: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the poll is off already. Why would there be 2 female votes but nobody saying "yeah, I'm a chick."? My guess is some whipped gamers are voting for their Girlfriends.

:shock: wow this one giant sausage-fest, im so gonna go to a party with a ratio of 5-girls-to-1-guy, tonight 8)

10 is too many. can only have so much hanging on you... me? i just prefer my one. you can have the other four. i am satisfied with my girl... 8)

DETHSTRYKER said:
10 is too many. can only have so much hanging on you... me? i just prefer my one. you can have the other four. i am satisfied with my girl... 8)

*cough* whipped *cough*

yeah im satisfied with mine too :D

[edit: she just hit me for that comment, im sorry baby......]

Perma-guest said:
I think the poll is off already. Why would there be 2 female votes but nobody saying "yeah, I'm a chick."? My guess is some whipped gamers are voting for their Girlfriends.

Honestly if I were a female gamer I'd keep my gender a secret.

Can you imagine the amount of lonely gamer dudes you'd get PMing you?

I feel bad enough for the poor girls at the gamer cons.

Redruckus said:
Perma-guest said:

Honestly if I were a female gamer I'd keep my gender a secret.

Can you imagine the amount of lonely gamer dudes you'd get PMing you?

I feel bad enough for the poor girls at the gamer cons.

yeah the ones there with their boyfreinds..... poor lasses :D

Back