Lone Wolf

A

Anonymous

I remember playing these gamebooks back in the day. This is so cool to find it again in RPG form. I just got it and am jazzed to play. I saw it when in first came out in the game store but didnt realize it was "that" Lone Wolf, so I passed it by without a glance. Its been so long since doing the gamebooks I forgot all about them. If Mongoose would have publisized it more as tied into the gamebooks of old I would have snatched it up when it was first released. I don't know how you could have done it but some picks of the cover artwork from the gamebooks would have caught my attention the best since those pics were the best and would remember them anywhere.
http://www.gamebooks.org/lonewolf.htm

Can't wait to kill some Giaks again... :D

I am currently reading the original gamebooks online from http://www.projectaon.org/ to my 5 year old daughter. She solved the first book in 2 tries (she got killed by the Giak arrows the first time) and is now in the 2nd book.

Please Mongoose, don't drop Lone Wolf...It's just gonna take a real marketing push to help us old roleplayers to remember the original books. Magnamund is such a cool world and you guys have done a great job converting it to a d20 like game.

What's next? I bought the magic book and the Darklands book. What is next on your product schedule? I would love to see some short scenerios for lower level characters.

Hi Fairwind!

If you love the world of LW you should ckeck out www.towerofthesun.com, an online fan forum where we play the world of LW in the year MS 5102
It is a lot of fun, and the people there are great! you get to choose character classes, we have a market, stock exchange, contests, an interactive story... the whole nine yards!

Al

Yeah, I was thinking about buying the main book but don't want to get into something that won't be supported further.

While Mongoose doesn't have plans to make any new LW books this year, they have promised to keep supporting it in S&P (which is free now).

Fairwind said:
What's next? I bought the magic book and the Darklands book. What is next on your product schedule? I would love to see some short scenerios for lower level characters.

Hi,

Right now Mongoose aren't planning on publishing anything new for the LW line, except for a pocket version of the Rulebook which you already bought. Think of that what you will.

Besides that, there should be regular articles in the free monthly online mag Signs & Portents.

As for short low-level scenarios, there are a few to choose from. There is a short adventure for 1rst level heroes in one of the past issues of S&P, there are plenty of threads on this forum indicating which one. However, this is a paper issue, it was published before the switch to free online content.

There is also the Dawn of Destruction scenario available for purchase. It's a 64 page book featuring a fairly short adventure for beginning characters. This adventure then leads to another one which is available for free download in the LW section on this site, called Blood Moon Rising, which is a little meatier than DoD and more difficult as well (for levels 2-3).

Have fun!

Back