lone wolf rpg problem

A

Anonymous

hi i,have a question for a lone wolf rpg

exist a charter sheet for ramas ??and the ramas player need alliniament

good or use all example neutral/evil caotig/good ecc?

The Italian translation was different from the original, so Ramas in English would be Kai.
You can find the specific Kai character sheet in the downloads section of the Mongoose page.

As for alignment, Lone Wolf is different from D&D: there's no law/chaos, but only an Allegiance with the forces of Good or Evil (and Balance if you don't want to openly choose either).
However, Kai Lords [-> in italiano, Cavalieri Ramas] have to swear four vows, and as you can see reading those, they may only be Good (should they ever commit an Evil act, they lose all the benefits of their Disciplines [-> in italiano, le Arti] until they purify themselves again).

[se non hai il manuale in italiano, trovi una preview del Ramas sul sito ufficiale italiano del gioco: http://luposolitariogdr.it/ ]

I'm very glad to see that the original post was simply an example of linguistic differences, and not the result of a babbling madman.

8)

tnks all excuse me for my english :mrgreen: but i,m have buy a gdr of lone wolf and no have find a lot class for play example knight of white montains Vakeros war or evil class nadziranim exist this class in future expansion set?

Nadzirinim can be found in The Darklands

The recently released Magic of Magnumund contains a lot of new magic using classes, while the upcoming Might of Magnumund will detail new martial classes.

As of right now, no. It is not even an approved item in our schedule though I am pushing for it! :)

-August

Is there a next Lone Wolf book scheduled at all....

I get the impression that it could be the middle of next year at the earliest before we see anything else. I see other new lines with very regular releases and yet Lone Wolf almost seems to drift along aimlessly. I suspect Mongoose have been taken by surprise by the success of Lone Wolf. I hope that will be a slew of new books because in all honesty this is the best RPG I have ever played the material is superb. :?

I would dearly love to see Might of Magnamund the work done on Magic Of Magnamund is superb. I would like to throw in my vote for a Cinorcean(sp?) Archer\Woodsman to be added to the classes for Might of Magnamund.

EDIT not rant at August.

Winter Wolf said:
I suspect Mongoose have been taken by surprise by the success of Lone Wolf.

I pray you are right Winter Wolf!
What I really fear is the exact opposite situation...
I have seen so many RpG lines dying slowly with less and less products because they were not profitable that I'm fearing such a disaster would happen to LW. :?

May Kai and Ishir prove me wrong! :)

Sabbak said:
Winter Wolf said:

I pray you are right Winter Wolf!
What I really fear is the exact opposite situation...
I have seen so many RpG lines dying slowly with less and less products because they were not profitable that I'm fearing such a disaster would happen to LW. :?

May Kai and Ishir prove me wrong! :)

Mat has already stated how the sales of the RPG far exceeded their early expectations, especially in the USA. I think this RPG line is still very young indeed, with plenty of room for (slow) expension. I don't expect to see the next book before May/June next year, if Magic is anything to go by (was approved in June and released in November, a solid 5 months later).

Yes, but don't underestimate the speed of August, dubbed "the cyber-enhanced author" or something like that.

By the way, we're still waiting for his long adventure, 60 pages long. If it would be published, even as a pdf sold on rpgnow, I'd be happy.

Patience guys. The lone wolf line is doing very well; I MUCH prefer quality over quantity. Magic of magnamund ((just got it today)) has more in it than the majorityof supplements out there; it even blows the star wars hero's guide right out of the water.

I would much rather have products like this published every few months/per quarter((say 3-4 per year)) than every month or other month. My only regret is that I wish lonewolf had been full color and glossy pages, not conan. Or better yet, both. ;) Theres always an oppertunity for such a reprint a year or so down the line I guess... :shock:

Anyhow, I will post up a lenghty review once I have time to read over magic; swamped with work this week. Have to say though, the shianti sorceror ((which I checked out asap :) ) is great. Great work mongoose; Ian, and August!

Now to figure out if a shadkyne witch can be male or not... :(

A release every three months would suit me fine it really would. I don't want a release every month with the amount of material in each book I wouldn't be able to digest it at that rate. This would be February and I don't see anything and I would just like to know what the next book will be and when it will be released. This is the best RPG I've ever had my hands on and I'm keen for it to have a long and healthy life. There should be some more minis soon so that is something to look forward to. :)

As for the Shadakine Wytch I think it does say somewhere that they are rarely male, so it is possible. I just hope that they release a blister pack of Wytch minis. :D :oops:

redlaco said:
Yes, but don't underestimate the speed of August, dubbed "the cyber-enhanced author" or something like that.

By the way, we're still waiting for his long adventure, 60 pages long. If it would be published, even as a pdf sold on rpgnow, I'd be happy.

I'd be happy to pay a few pounds for the D20 versions of the gamebooks if that would help Mongoose with production. I don't know if there would be any legal issues with that though.

I have been very impressed with the freebies from Mongoose for the Lone Wolf line.

I would be happy with a couple of books a year and a few articles in S&P in between.

Xex: I think the idea of LW being in black and white was to emulate the feel of the original books.

Xex said:
My only regret is that I wish lonewolf had been full color and glossy pages, not conan. Or better yet, both. ;)

The B/W is not a bad option.
In fact, I prefer B/W books as I'm used to underline the most important rules and descriptions... It is difficult to make those underlining "flashy" with a full color glossy book! :p

Columbob: your comment has given me hope!
I can't wait to buy the MoM book!

The B/W is not a bad option.

I agree. And it's cheaper, too.

What needs improvement, tough, are the interior illustrations. (Or maybe they have already become better? I don't have Magic of Magnamund yet.)

MOM illustrations are pretty much the same as the rest of the books. On the whole they have grown on me but Gary Chalk illustrations would be better. This would probably be too expensive and I'm keen for Mongoose to make a good profit on the books. So the current illustrations are fine by me.

Out of the three books released so far my favourite illustration wise is The Darklands. I don't know if it was the same artist or a different style because it's evil or a Gazetteer. But the pictures in there are definitely my favourites.

Winter Wolf wrote:
Wannabe Drakkar writes: as an aussie all i can say is imagine how much more successful if it were easier to get ahold of, im still trying to work out a way to get a hold of the supplements in a simple way an 18 year old dishwasher can afford

Winter Wolf said:
MOM illustrations are pretty much the same as the rest of the books. On the whole they have grown on me but Gary Chalk illustrations would be better.

I know this will probably get me burned alive, but I always preferred Brian Williams over Gary Chalk. For that matter, I probably preferred Paul Bonner's art (the Grey Star books) more than either.

Chalk's art always had an element of the surreal to it, in my eyes... making even people described in the text as "beautiful" look somewhat odd. Brian Williams' art seemed more... realistic, I suppose.

Back