lone wolf cartoon

ironwolf

Mongoose
I think Lone Wolf would make a great anime. Its got all the right stuff for one. Full of evil demons and heroic warriors. Lets hear what everyone else thinks of such an idea.

Wait, when you say "anime" do you simply refer to animated show?

Because the anime-STYLE I think would be awful for Lone Wolf. If anything, I think LW should be rendered in one of the two illustrated styles that we saw in the books(Chalk or Williams, though as the world gets bigger Williams just has better drawings, if not as 'unique'.)

I think they should see if they can pitch this as an RPG game or maybe even try to do a Total War: Rome dealie with it--imagine having to manage the country and lead the Freelands into the Darklands to invade Kaag!

Ghost of Landar said:
Because the anime-STYLE I think would be awful for Lone Wolf. If anything, I think LW should be rendered in one of the two illustrated styles that we saw in the books(Chalk or Williams, though as the world gets bigger Williams just has better drawings, if not as 'unique'.)

I totally agree with you Ghost...

Personnaly, I think LW can be a great MOVIE. I remember having read somewhere that Joe Dever himself find the first two books the most cinematic.
I have to agree with him! :D

Something like the LotR trilogy based on the first books of LW would be tremendous!

Julian Sands would be okay for the older, wiser Lone Wolf, but what about the young one in Flight from the Dark? Johnny Depp, maybe or Orlando Bloom.

It's too bad you'd never see a 12 or so part LW adventure series in the movies. It's not like the old days with Flash Gordon, plus you'd have to spend mucho dinero on effects to make it believable.

I think there are a couple adventures that could be condensed or left out.
Caverns of Kalte would be an excellent stand-alone adventure but as part of a longer series, it is kind of out of place and not filled with THAT much dramatic tension. And though Chasm of Doom would be filled with lots of great action and sorrow--it could probably be cut too.

I think for narrative completion, Grey Star would be the better option. Books 1-2 could be put together, and 3 and 4 could be their own films.

I still think LW would make a great RPG-hybrid(mix in some other elements) as a series. You could probably fill in 4 books in each game.

You couldn't go wrong with books 1 and 2 as a film. In fact, I'm sure I read a Joe Dever interview where he mentioned that he was in discussion with a movie producer in the past about doing just that, but it never came off.
I think Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp would be too old for a flight from the dark/fire on the water lone wolf.

Back