Lone Wolf 11 News

T.Y.A. said:
Opinions from other Forumites?

Mark.

There'd be a not insignificant cost of storage attached to that plan. Keeping all those books under a roof longer than you need to is expensive.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a JIT evangelist or anything, but there's a happy medium somewhere.

LBH

It sounds ok in theory, but I would worry about exactly what the associated costs would be - including delaying recouping the printing costs for a month. I have to assume as time goes on, new sales and not the original Megadeals are keeping this going.

Opinions from other Forumites?

Always ready with an opinion. :) Set the release date for book 14 as August 2010. Be pessimistic. Then if it happens to be ready earlier than expected, yay! If it's ready in August, yay!

Surprising everyone with an "ahead of schedule" book has a much better effect than continually pushing back release dates on every book.

I'll log back in next month to see if the latest books will be ready the next month....

KL

The trouble with holding stock is that you have paid all those costs upfront, so that is money out of pocket.

I don't know what Mongoose's finances are like, but no company (except for the really big ones) can afford to sit on stock unless you are sure you will sell them all. On Dragon's Den they hate it when people say they are going to buy stock.

I suppose the other danger with that is not having enough books to fill the orders, or too few.

Good idea, but I can't see it being viable commercially.

No worries about the books being late Mongoose - we waited ages for the novels and they were excellent, so I can wait for Book 11! As long as it's pretty much error-free, no worries.

Guess I'd better reread the originals for now :D

WritingWolf said:
The trouble with holding stock is that you have paid all those costs upfront, so that is money out of pocket.

I suppose the other danger with that is not having enough books to fill the orders, or too few.

Good idea, but I can't see it being viable commercially.

No worries about the books being late Mongoose - we waited ages for the novels and they were excellent, so I can wait for Book 11! As long as it's pretty much error-free, no worries.

Guess I'd better reread the originals for now :D

These are all points that immediately came to mind when I read the first post on this topic. Most companies out there cannot afford to have stock tied up in inventory just to 'satisfy' a targeted release date. Another suggestion on this topic posted by Kai Lord... regarding issuing pessimistic release dates for the books seems a better idea... that way the customer is rarely disappointed.

I'm sure there are others out there besides myself that are overjoyed that Moongoose has taken on this huge task of reproducing the Lone Wolf series... just cut them some slack and let the books come out as Mongoose gets them in. I'm more concerned with an ERROR-free book than one that has been rushed for the sake of getting it in our home library. Most of us have already read these books, it's just the idea of having them in a collector's format that we want... so again... give Mongoose some breathing room!!! 8)

Thanks for listening!
Gord

Back