Lifestyles Download

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

New experimental rules for the Babylon 5 RPG are up on our web site at;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/babylon5/downloads.php

This addition covers living expenses, occupations and general levels of lifestyle - mundane aspects of the diplomatic station but ones, nevertheless, that a lot of you have asked for. As always, let us know what you think!

Woow..This really looks awesome - I am hoping there will be more of these in further B5 books..

But I also spoted a little mistake - The sidetext on both pages still say's "The Shadows" :wink:

Lesandira

Looks good! I like the fix on Independently Wealthy Feat.

It would be cool if you could take it multiple times, even after creation to represent the Centari rise in power...or maybe I am getting ahead of my self...

It could also represent Garibaldi marrying into money...hehe

A few little details....

In Mindwar Jason Ironheart rented quarters in Blue 16. Ironheart "Price?" Rental clerk "500 credits per week based on Earth standard..." "Fine I'll take it." Now that may have been the slow season...but it sure seemed busy with all the Psi Cops coming through... :twisted:

Paying for rent in Downbelow? Unless you are paying protection...I thought that is why the Telepaths chose it since it was free.

scottmage said:
Paying for rent in Downbelow? Unless you are paying protection...I thought that is why the Telepaths chose it since it was free

Okay Downbelow is not just a place you go and crash like under a bridge somewhere. Its dirty, dangerous, and twisted. The lowest of the lowlife, the craziest of crazies. Sure most are down on there luck, but the criminal element has those people under their shoe. You do something wrong like talk to security, hold your mouth wrong, or even look at someone the wrong way and your lying in a pool of your own blood, wondering who hit ya. Thugs don't use upfront pricing they will take all you got on ya, and what you don't have they will take out of your hide.

Think being poor is easy? Think again. Try not eating for a couple of days, while sleeping with one eye open, never getting real rest. Dodging thugs, crazies, and the law. Swallowing your pride and begging for change. Throwing your morals in the dirt and stealing. Public humiliation daily as people look at you and shake their head in disgust. Your mind will start playing tricks, your body doesn't work, you ache all over, and you reak of filth. Your only want is a good hot meal and some rest, in lew of that you will settle for anything that will make the world go away for just a few hours. Its hard to get up when you been kicked to the curb. And unless someone is offering you a hand, the harsh world made of spinning metal will wear you down and crush you flat. Unless you are a lucky one who feels the vacum of space suck the very life from your lungs.

Currently reading a Gibson novel,
PsycloneJack

Enlightened Bystander said:
Scott, increasing wealth after the start of the game should probably be covered directly by the GM, not through a feat
I agree... Why spend a feat when you can weasel it for free? :twisted:

Enlightened Bystander said:
Scott, increasing wealth after the start of the game should probably be covered directly by the GM, not through a feat

Some times that works...you get a GM that is reasonable. I was in a d20 D&D game that we got stranded in a place that we just had to wait for 3 months of game time. We were learning an ancient lanuage from someone that we trapped with. The GM said that when we leveled up, we were justified in placing skill points in that language, however we could not even have a skill in it till then. (someone was playing the rules very closely)

Just it would be nice to have a way to purchase more wealth instead having to rely on a GM's mercies :(

Back