Legend of the Rangers

Stingray

Mongoose
Anyone know where I can get a copy of this on dvd (any region; preferred) or failing this on video (PAL)?

It irks me that there's some b5 footage I haven't got.

Of secondary importance: is it any good?

Stingray said:
Of secondary importance: is it any good?

Hmmmm...

You see actual "Babylon 5 footage" for about 2 seconds, that's all.

It's the story of a human ranger who is given the command over a (very old and battered) ship and it's crew.
The only character from the B5-show is G'Kar and even he is only visible for about one fifth of the movie.

It's not bad, but it's really much more the pilot to a new series than actual "b5 footage".

My two euro-cents...

;)

petitbilbo

I was rather dissapointed that LotR wasn't included in the movies box set (not that its out over here yet).

So far I have managed to see the last half of it, and though intriqued I know what folks mean when they say that its not as good as what came before. Its almost like adding better SFX to classic Dr. Who it just looked wrong.

And why oh why did it have to be about another ancient evil?

Sorry, the post turned into a little rant there... :oops:

Eryx said:
I was rather dissapointed that LotR wasn't included in the movies box set (not that its out over here yet).

The US movies set is region 0 BTW... And has "The Gathering" and "In the Beginning" on it as well... Just to tempt you a little... :twisted:

frobisher said:
Eryx said:

The US movies set is region 0 BTW... And has "The Gathering" and "In the Beginning" on it as well... Just to tempt you a little... :twisted:
And it has commentaries on all the movies, including In The Beggining and The Gathering. The olnly way to get them AFAIK.

Try http://www.playusa.com for ordering R1 DVDs (A bit dearer than ordering through some US sites maybe but the return address for faulty/damaged copies is in the UK so that's easier if things go wrong.) When I ordered mine from another website it had a badly scratched ITB disc that skipped when played. It had fallen out of the case in transit.

LBH

Anonymous said:
frobisher said:
Eryx said:

And it has commentaries on all the movies, including In The Beggining and The Gathering. The olnly way to get them AFAIK.

Try http://www.playusa.com for ordering R1 DVDs (A bit dearer than ordering through some US sites maybe but the return address for faulty/damaged copies is in the UK so that's easier if things go wrong.) When I ordered mine from another website it had a badly scratched ITB disc that skipped when played. It had fallen out of the case in transit.

LBH

. . . . but you're not

:oops:

LBH

Due to recent experience I WOULD NOT reccomend www.dvdconcept.com.

Damaged when it arrived (as above), tryed not ot give me a refund (despite it being my statutory consumers right) as they had no stock in and playusa had it cheaper. They sent me a replacement, not in cellophane from the UK (Original had come from US/Canada. Methinks I may have been stiffed with someone elses returned copy as their website hasn't shown it being in stock since before my first one arrived.

If it works I don't care so much but if not I'm so getting a refund. Either way they shall be very chastised by e-mail and I will not be shopping form them again anytime soon.

LBH

I tend to buy Region 1 disks through http://www.loaded247.com

Been using them for a while. In fact picked up the R1 Crusade box set just before Christmas.

R2 Crusade is out in March, I'll hang fire for that.

Got enough trying to get my faulty R1 Movies and faulty R2 Season 5 sorted out for now anyways.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
R2 Crusade is out in March, I'll hang fire for that.

Got enough trying to get my faulty R1 Movies and faulty R2 Season 5 sorted out for now anyways.

LBH

Crusade?

R2?

March?

Question to self : Can I wait that long or should I get the R1 version? (my guess is it's R0 anyways, so...)

;)

petitbilbo

petitbilbo said:
Crusade?

R2?

March?

Question to self : Can I wait that long or should I get the R1 version? (my guess is it's R0 anyways, so...)

;)

petitbilbo

It's early March IIRC, if that makes a difference).

LBH

lastbesthope said:
petitbilbo said:
Crusade?

R2?

March?

;)

petitbilbo

It's early March IIRC, if that makes a difference).

LBH

Are there any notable differences between the R1 and the R2 versions?

:?:

petitbilbo

Dunno I don't think so,

Try comparing the R1 descriptions from say amaxzon.com, playusa.com and dvdconcept.com

with the R2 descriptions from play.com, amazon.co.(your european country of choice) and try www.sendit,com for R2 descriptions.

LBH

List of extras for R2 version on play.com

Audio commentary from creator Michael J. Straczynski on 'The Well Of Forever' and 'Racing The Night' episodes
'Making Of' documentary
'Forging Excalibur': a look at the creation of the starship

List of extras for Region 1 version on playusa.com

Documentary

List of extras on DVDconcept.com for R1

• Documentary
• Audio Commentary

List of extras on DVDconcept.com for R2

NO INFO AVAILABLE

From these sites it seems that the R2 version is a couple of quid cheaper to buy though.

Despite the differing descriptions I'd say there's probably no difference in the Special Features but the R1 will be NTSC so on a technical basis I would opt for R2 for PAL. I only got the Movies R1 because of the extra commentaries, and I'm paying for that decision now with crap customer service from DVDconcept.com. i don't recommend shopping there.

Hope this helps

LBH

Back