LBB9: Library Data

Tay

Banded Mongoose
Back in the days of 1st Edition, Mongoose knocked out LBB9: Library Data, which was great.

Is it possible that this could be revamped somehow so it could be added to the excellent Fantasy Grounds System as a Module/book. I know it's only 2nd Edition books being worked on, but this would be a very useful resource to have in Virtual Games.

Cheers in advance.

Library data used to be one of my cherished pieces of Traveller systems of yore. Ask some old folks what a library is… This little device was made in the pre-Web long periods of gaming. Basically, it was a short exhaustive container of data that might be useful or not for the players. It was additionally there to give data to the Ref to add neighborhood tone and flavor. Moreover, it was legitimate and succinct. ugh it would have been really great if that happens.

There is an archive currently online.

Going by looking into the spacecraft sections, it's a mix from practically everything Traveller, so doesn't quite sync with MongoVerse.

You mean this?....

https://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Main_Page

It's a great resource but yeah - grains of salt required for many morsels.

I will say there has been an ongoing and concerted effort to make it more canonical and consistent, less fanfic, but that in itself is a constantly moving target.

Back