Launch Breaching Pods and Shuttles!

The Adept

Mongoose
I've found a bit of a problem using this special order - the rules aren't written very clearly.

It says that the enemy ship must be within 4" (and not moved over 1/2 its origonal speed), and then you can start a boarding action in the end phase. Special actions are declared before a ship moves.

My question is - does the target ship have to be within 4" when the order is declared (i.e. before it moves), during the end phase, or both?

The conditions must be met in the end phase of the turn, for the action to succeed. You can declare the action during your movement if you wish, but if the enemy ship has not yet moved and subsequently moves more than 4" away or moves more than half its speed, then the action will fail.

Burger said:
You can declare the action during your movement if you wish,

Are you saying you can declare a ship's SA after everyone's moved? We've been playing that all SA have to be declared during the ships' respective movement phase.

animus said:
Burger said:
You can declare the action during your movement if you wish,

Are you saying you can declare a ship's SA after everyone's moved? We've been playing that all SA have to be declared during the ships' respective movement phase.
No, you're doing it right. When I say "your movement" I mean during the movement of that ship.

That's good to know. The way I was reading it, you needed to be within 4" at the start of the turn, then still within 4" during the end phase (without using All Stop, of course). Made it very hard to use...

Back