Klingon Fleet Box arrived:

Both my Klingon and Federation Fleet boxes arrived today (shipped Thursday). My observations:

The finish on some of the minis is a little rough, but I've been able to polish it out with very fine grit hobby emery boards.

There were some molding problems on the engines (primarily with the E4 and F5s so far) and occasionally on the engine pylon. Most of it was fixable, and will only require very minimal puttying to tidy up.

About half of the Klingon ships had a bent boom; most were quite minor and easily bent to proper position. I did note that most of the bent booms had the command module cocked to one side. I theorize that they are getting bent coming out of the mold.

Mold lines were in evidence, but not hard to clean up. Some ships had hunks of metal on them (where the metal is poured in?) but no bid deal to fix up.

A few minis had some flash, but again not a big deal.

The C8 had a couple resin plugs attached, no problem to remove. It had one significant bubble on the underside of the command module, but that's easy to fix. Otherwise, MUCH better than previous resin minis.

Thanks Mongoose for working to improve the quality.

I am QUITE happy with these new metal minis; they're a great improvement over the resin ones.

My Klingon fleet box came today. The metal is IMO much better than the resin, much cleaner casts overall, although some flash removal is still required.

The quality of the resin casting does seem to have improved, the C8 in my box is much better than the one I had from a squadron box before Christmas. Redesigning it so that the boom and hull are in one piece, will save me loads of time compared to my first one which needed filing/green stuffing to get the pieces together.

Overall a definite thumbs up.

I just got my Klingon box today :D

Like most of the comments here the ships are a vast improvement over the Federation box. I've started small and just cleaned up the E4's. Only took a few minutes :D

I'm looking forward to the rest of the ships.

This is how my weekend began...

20120420_182828.jpg

This is my replacement, metal, federation box and my klingon box.

Jon

Got my Fed and Klingon squadron boxes last night and they look pretty good. Hoping to start assembly soon. Only the C8 was resin, the rest metal. Looks good Mongoose.

Got my Federation fleet yesterday. Slight hiccup with a couple of the ships/parts, but everything I do have looks to be in reasonable condition. Just need to change my fleet for the tourny now I think.

Glad to hear so many people are getting their fleets, now lets see pictures of all the interesting paint jobs you will do for them :D

mine was so much better shape then the resin fed one, ive already cleaned and clue 95%, and have 1/3 receiving base coat of paint.

Got my Fleet boxes (one Fed and one Klink) on Friday. I got all but one Klingon ship (the C8) cleaned and assembled. Several booms were bent, no big deal, and they cleaned up nicely. The only issue I have is the overhang beneath the deckhouse on the rear of the C7. They have a lot of excess metal, and are difficult to get to. I can't get a file to that area, and my dremel tool is currently ooc.

Hal

LimeyDragon said:
I want the bases... Or at least the file to i can print my own..
Yes these are way cool I agree.
Great job.
Wish I had them too.
Yes shameless hint. Close to begging really.

Back