King Arthur

burdock said:
The Anglo saxon chronicles give reference to a chap with the epithet "Artos" doing a load of battles (unless my memory is truly mangled)...

Oh, possibly. I'm no expert, but I read Chris's book last year.

Dudes! The spirit of The Great Bear is still amongst us!!!! One little reference to a king Arthur game and look at us!! We explode with information and discussion.

Arthurian gaming is chock full of possibilities. I've never run an Arthurian game, but it's high on my To Do list... one of these days.

burdock said:
Ah....sorry I missed that Gildas reference.

simonh wrote

As for the Anglo Saxon Chronicles they don't mention Arthur

The Anglo saxon chronicles give reference to a chap with the epithet "Artos" doing a load of battles (unless my memory is truly mangled)...

Dudes! The spirit of The Great Bear is still amongst us!!!! One little reference to a king Arthur game and look at us!! We explode with information and discussion.

I think it might be. The Anglo-Saxon Chronicles contain no references at all to Arthur. Badon isn't even mentioned. Bede doesn't mention him either

spongly wrote

I think it might be. The Anglo-Saxon Chronicles contain no references at all to Arthur

ah...I wondered if my memory might have been skewed...its going back a few years and I don't presently have my copy of the ASC.

Anyway I don't see any King Arthur product in the RQ scheduled release. Does anyone has some info about this?

Back