Judge Dredd miniatures game

Steel Rabbit

Mongoose
I heard somewhere that Mongoose was planning to release a tabletop miniatures game based on Judge Dredd. Any information on this? Was I lied to?

-Steel Rabbit

Steel Rabbit said:
I heard somewhere that Mongoose was planning to release a tabletop miniatures game based on Judge Dredd. Any information on this? Was I lied to?

-Steel Rabbit

Welcome to the boards Steel Rabbit, and no you where not lied to. The miniatures game will be out later on this year and looks all set to be fantastic. Cant say too much but keep checking on the forums and the Mongoose site for more updates. Also keep an eye on Signs and Portents as I am sure they will cover the game first there!

Marc

I'm not sure what has been publicly released so I can not go into details but here is what I remember.

Miniatures based Gang Fight - think GW Necromunda only faster playing . I had games of Necromunda run over four hours.

Boxed set will come with minis, IIRC latest word here was multi part plastic, metal minis in blisters.

Additional rules/ special characters may appear in S&P

Yeah! This game is going to be awesome. I hope they get the models to look good, that's 90% of the draw to model games. I'm going to love having true to the comics judge models. And bat gliders for that matter.

6b.jpg

1b.jpg

8b.jpg

Yes that is Slaine right there on the right as well...

/wolf

Christ! Those models look great. They look just like the old comics from the '80s the one's drawn by Brian Bolland. I can't wait to get my hands on them...Yah...That's all I got.

-Steel Rabbit

The only downside is that I only want the judges and appropriate characters for that setting. I'm not interested in getting Johnny Alpha or Slaine, but the way they pack them, you currently don't have a choice. Hopefully, as they design more figures, they will release an all judge pack or something.

Of course, the Gangs of Mega-City One might be all we need... just got to wait for the photos to start appearing.

Arabin

Arabin said:
The only downside is that I only want the judges and appropriate characters for that setting. I'm not interested in getting Johnny Alpha or Slaine, but the way they pack them, you currently don't have a choice. Hopefully, as they design more figures, they will release an all judge pack or something.

Of course, the Gangs of Mega-City One might be all we need... just got to wait for the photos to start appearing.

Arabin

Arabin if you mail me I can send you out some of the Indyclix promo figures that I picked up from Dreddcon last year, I tired to send you some before but I dont know if they arrived or not.

Marc

Yes my UK friends you were lucky you got the better set of Indy Clicks!! We didn't get half as many cool 2000AD figures in our North American series of Indy Clicks.

Lucky people! :D

Dreddtimes: Email is on it's way. I've seen on ebay that the four dark judges were released in the UK range, but I think they sell for quite a bit in the US. It's a shame they didn't release the full set over here.

Grimalkin: Those figures look fantastic. I guess I need to start buying some paint and brushes and trying to figure out how to do figure painting properly. Thanks for pointing the pics out to me.

Arabin

Those miniature previews look nice. I can't wait to get my hands on the first set. I think yellow on the sholder pads, rather than metallic gold, will be the best. Go all out for the comic feel.

Back