Is my avatar obnoxious?

Is my avatar too large?

• Yes, please switch to a smaller one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, keep it big and long.

• Seriously, you started a poll for this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Style

Mongoose
Is my avatar too big? No one is openly complaining, but I've noticed I'm substantially bigger and longer than the rest of you.

Would a medium sized one like Strom's be better?

ResizedRedNails.jpg

Or maybe I should go all the way to the small end like The King:

Sun.jpg

I appreciate your opinion.

Style said:
I've noticed I'm substantially bigger and longer than the rest of you.

You know what they say about the need to overcompensate! :wink:

...but to be honest I think Tomàs Giorello has done the best DH Conan covers since it started. So no complaints from me.

Avatars are cool because they allow to identify someone with a glance, although I think larger ones and banners tend to flood forums a bit too much, especially if you add a signature.But you're free to do what you want, anyways...

Express yourself! The only reason I hate large avatars are because sometimes they make it difficult to read the posts when they push the text off the screen. Yours doesn't do that. BTW, in case you haven't heard, the double sized Conan #50 isn't being published until April 30th. :?

Your avatar is an OK size (and its looks really cool! :D). The first avatar I used on this board was a fairly large cthulhu-type pic that squeezed the posts in an unsightly way. I found that a tall and lean pic works beast on this board.

Even with the potential for someone to marginalize the posts with a fat-ass image, I really enjoy the freedom to choose none-standard sizes for avatars, as with other forums, I have to d***-around with resizing a picture to the right size (all in a neat little square :roll:).

How could an avatar be obnoxious ?

(Axe, speaking mostly for himself)

Mine is alsmost as big as yours and I never received a complain about it.

Axerules said:
How could an avatar be obnoxious ?

I don't know how much you post on other boards, but many people freak out about big avatars. I've seen more than one person argue they should be eliminated entirely.

I was kidding, since mine is big too. Hence the remark between ().

Seriously: I've heard mods on another board who were saying that an avatar was "inappropriate", because there avatars do need to have some kind of connexion with the forums' theme/focus, but it's the first time I see a discussion about "size".

Axerules said:
Seriously: I've heard mods on another board who were saying that an avatar was "inappropriate", because there avatars do need to have some kind of connexion with the forums' theme/focus, but it's the first time I see a discussion about "size".
Oh yes, size is a hot topic in the "avatar wars".

I think its pretty cool that you would consider removing your avatar if the poll went that direction. Most people wouldn't worry about if anyone didn't like it. Good man Style! :D

Strom said:
I think its pretty cool that you would consider removing your avatar if the poll went that direction. Most people wouldn't worry about if anyone didn't like it. Good man Style! :D

What can I say? I'm a man of the people. :)

Back