iron companion mundane artifice creations

mwsasser

Mongoose
I'm a little punch drunk from lack of sleep this Christmas, so I apologize if somebody else already asked this and I've missed it. But I've just got The Iron Companion as a gift and a couple of questions spring to mind on Mundane Artifice Creations.

Resistant complexity, if you pick 1d4 Cold or Heat, it adds 4 complexity correct?

The example is a bit confusing to me as well, do you have longer more detailed examples? It talks about weapon damage but its not listed on the chart below.

Would a Concealed (+2) Refined (+3) repeating crossbow be 5 complexity?

mwsasser said:
Resistant complexity, if you pick 1d4 Cold or Heat, it adds 4 complexity correct?

Yes that's right - note that 1D4 is the second tier of damage inflicted by a cold source on the table in the Games System chapter of Legend (page 84). and 4 complexity provides complete immunity to damage at that level. The item's effective STR of 3 is deducted from cold damage from more intense sources.

mwsasser said:
It talks about weapon damage but its not listed on the chart below.

The table includes weapon damage - the resistance is to a Type of damage (cutting/slashing, impaling/piercing, bludgeoning/stunning etc), and to a Size of weapon. So going back to the example, Alenza's pierce-proof shirt is proof against small and medium size impaling weapons, that means all damage except damage bonus, magic etc.

mwsasser said:
Would a Concealed (+2) Refined (+3) repeating crossbow be 5 complexity?

I think complexity 2 for concealing the fact that it is a repeater is reasonable - if actually trying to disguise the fact that it is a weapon at all, the cost may be higher (GM discretion). Refined +3 is the cost of refining the design of a crossbow to create a repeater - so yes, you are correct.

Back