Interested in knowing...

B_Steele

Mongoose
Hey all, I was talking with our local Conan group and a question came up.

For those of you who have seen/read/purchased Signs and Portents 20...most specifically the article on Darkarra: Spirit Eaters....has anyone used them yet?

Or rather, more importantly, has anyone added new and different animals to the list of Spirit Boons from the article?

I propose that folks either tell me the ones your Games Master came up with for your game orcome up with more and list them here!

I'll start; my wife said that these would be good:

Rabbit/Hare: +10' spd and increased fertility ability
Vulture: +5 Fortitude saves versus ingested poisons, toxins, or spoiled foods
Bat: Evasion class ability, and suffer no penalties from darkness or blindness

Now, let me know what else you guys have/can come up with!

Sorry Friend...I, at least, don't buy S&P because I don't want all of the extraneous Sci Fi stuff. I don't own/play any of the other games, so I refuse to buy the magazine. It's a shame really, because the Conan articles are brilliant. (It's not a straight money issue, as I buy all the Conan products, but it is a Value for Money issue. Sooo much of the magazine is dedicated to the 'other games'.)

A moderately vocal minority have been campaigning for a Conan S&P annual. There has been some positive rumblings, but I'm not yet holding my breath.

Hopefully my little soapbox rant will get somebody to answer YOUR question...I noticed it was slipping off the front page.

Best of Luck!

I would say then, if you want to see all of the Conan material from SP (which there is a surprising amount, btw) e-mail Matt Sharp or Matthew Sprange to see if you can't get some form of complied edition or some such.

I'll see what I can do on my end to get you more Conan SP content to make it worthwhile for you in the meantime.

Bry

I would also like to join the band wagon, The same reason I dont buy the S&P books is because I dont play the other games either. Maybe if they did a mag with just the Role Playing stuff in it, I would get it, at least I could import the ideas for some of the other games into conan if I wanted.

Yeah, I can't say anything either. I DID buy a couple for Conan contents, but the store in NYC didn't get issue 20, and I really don't feel like paying $8.95 for a few pages. Some issues only have a 1-page blob for Conan, and like most other responders I don't play any of the other games.

For what it's worth, since I did buy a few magazines: I thought the idea of posting names by nationality was a neat idea, but they didn't follow up on it: only appeared in 2 issues then the idea seems to have dropped off. I'd also love to see a Conan annual!

i'm on the band wagon as well. i bought 4 issues of S&P but after realizing i spent $20 on 17 pages of Conan info i couldn't justify it any longer. I really hope they do an annual or continue to reprint the S&P articles in the rulebooks for those of us who don't buy S&P.

ahzad said:
i'm on the band wagon as well. i bought 4 issues of S&P but after realizing i spent $20 on 17 pages of Conan info i couldn't justify it any longer. I really hope they do an annual or continue to reprint the S&P articles in the rulebooks for those of us who don't buy S&P.

This is exactly it in a nutshell...Thanks Azhad.

Back