Intercepting incoming fire Question

A

Anonymous

Hello all...

In the B5 wars sytem, many of the various types of weapons could intercept incoming weapons fire but that is not explicitly stated so in this game.

My question is this: Can only the Interceptor weapons block incoming fire? As i recall, Pulse canons, particle guns and such could intercept incoming fire as well in B5 Wars, and not just the interceptors.

Could some lovely person please make my mind stop aching? *heh*

Abraxus

There is some errata on the Mongoose website about interceptors. I don't recall right now what it says, but take a look at it and see it that answers your question.

Sidney

From what I've seen only Interceptors can intercept incoming fire. Nothing in the main rulebook or the Interceptor .pdf from the website that suggests that any other weapons are capable of this in the rpg. Of course, it wouldn't be too hard to apply the interceptor rules to other weapons if you chose.
JD

Well shooting incoming fire is like tryng to hit bullet shot at you... very hard.

Plus from what I understang interceptor weapons pack very low ordnance but shoot at a very fast rate. kinda like a gatling bb gun, which is why they make good point defense weapon but are close to useless for other puposes.

Graknor Stev said:
Well shooting incoming fire is like tryng to hit bullet shot at you... very hard.

Plus from what I understang interceptor weapons pack very low ordnance but shoot at a very fast rate. kinda like a gatling bb gun, which is why they make good point defense weapon but are close to useless for other puposes.

However, there are plenty of examples from the show of normal (light) ships' weapons being used to intercept incoming fire (though never beam weapons).

Back