Informal Petition: Please sign if you agree....

Do mongoose's current manufacturing process's meet the 'industrie's standard'?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hiffano said:
Alas, I have been trying to find something about purchasing goods that never get delivered, Eg Drakh mo-ship, but am not getting very far in terms of legislation.
I think that as long as they offer a refund when asked, their asses will be covered here too. They'd only be in trouble if they didn't send your kit, and wouldn't offer to refund your money and cancel the order.

indeed, but as part of a set (fleet box) all the others of which were built and mostly painted. . . . They are sitting in a cushy little place with no repercussions for the crap service they have offered and their endless excuses.

of interest to some people might be this... from the financial services distance marketing regs 2004..

The trader should inform you if he/she intends to offer substitute goods to those ordered if the ordered goods are unavailable, and also inform you that the cost of returning substitute goods will be met by the trader.
Mongoose do and have offered alternatives/substitutes to my knowledge, but From a few mates, they certainly don't inform you about them paying return costs

Yes, they have entered into a contract with you (by taking your money) to supply you with goods. If you feel that they are unable to supply you the item, or that when supplied, the goods are not as described or fit for purpose, you are within your rights to request (or demand) a refund. Only if they fail to provide you with either a refund or satisfactory item will you have grounds for any legal action.

Always remember this legislation when a shop sells you something and tries to send you on to the manufacturer to get it replaced (electronics for example) - the legal responsibility to provide a fit item to fulfill a sales contract lies with the seller, not the manufacturer.

Anyways, sales and aftersales service has never been a problem with Mongoose (for me at least) but then again I've never had any bad models from them, either.

Alexb83 said:
Yes, there is flash - but there is on most models I've ever gotten. Some have dimples and small missing sections. But that's what milliput and a bit of sandpaper can fix.

Given the lower price and excellent parts service from mongoose, I think they're on par with anyone else selling models today.

That's not to say they shouldn't try to improve if they can, though.

I'm sorry I can deal with flash, that's easy, I have a dremel, some Mr. Surfacer, files, and some sand paper. I deal with bad mini's all the time, (for example the titan gladiator from Privateer Press's HORDES game.) But I have purchased 3 boxes and ALL 3 have had "chunks" of the model missing, not really misformed but broken off, or just not there.

I was actually going over one of the pieces the other day and found RUBBER inside teh model. I believe I speak for the majority of people here when I say WTF?

Bleh, whatever, I'll stick to the counters, at least this poll proved that the majority of Mongoose fans are in agreement with this issue. :(

Locutus9956 said:
As for those Tinashis, well.... that is ALOT of flash I'll grant you but its not actually that bad as far as I can see.

What you have on this Tinashis is not flash or even mold lines. The problem with those figures is that the mold was not compressed propperly or is so old that it cannot be compressed fully. So the lead leaks around the edges. It is harder to clean that simple flash (which is just run off channels to help the lead flow through the mold) due to thickness and the fact that it is a continuos seam around the mini. Not to mention the fact that there are parts of the model missing.

I think however that problems of this magnitude are not quite as common as general small imperfections that most people here are talking about.

Undecided said:
I was actually going over one of the pieces the other day and found RUBBER inside teh model. I believe I speak for the majority of people here when I say WTF?

That would be part of the mold itself. When taking the mini out of the mold it can tear and break. It is mold wear and tear like this that causes all the softening of detail and filling in of fine details as t he mold ages. I guess on a positive note... If you do find little bits of the mold on your minis be thankful because the next casting run will be slightly worse... :wink:

Hey guys, been gone a while, but I'm back. I have to agree with all the problems that they have in QC, I ordered my Adira and when it came in, the entire center section was missing. I also had the same Minbari problems with the flashing and had entire ships missing from box sets, several boxes, not just one. I think this is becoming a serious enough problem that it should be addressed by Mongoose. I, like others, love this game and would hate to see it go the way of the Dodo just because there was no QC for the products. I am all willing to listen to what Mongoose has to say, but I seriously think they need to at least say something about this issue.

I'm primarily a Starship troopers play, so i don't think that thee are casting isue company-wide. it seems that SST has gotten better in it's metal casted quality. in fact so far of the last few things mongoose made for SST before cancelling new items(in light of the upcoming re-released) taht i have purchased have been some of the higest quality castings as i have ever seen. Easily on par with hte Casting quality you would expect form GW.

It's rather odd that they would improve one line and let another line fall behind like this.

The thing to remember is just how old some of these molds are, especially if they are using the originals. Most of the figs are being made in Dayton, OH home of the company formerly known as Agents Of Gaming. Most of the figures that are being produced for ACTA are from the old molds from AOG. Now IIRC, the FIRST Edition of B5Wars came out in the Mid 90's. I beleive roughly 1995, but I could be wrong. If they are still using the original molds for some of these figs. then the molds are almost 12 years old. Not to mention that all of the molds were likely lying on a shelf for 2-3 years when AOG could not produce figs for the B5 universe and Mongoose had not developed ACTA. AOG lost the license for B5 in the fall of 2002. Thus it does not suprise me that the molds are getting long in the tooth. Sculpting new molds takes a lot of time.

Dave

Court Jester said:
Locutus9956 said:
As for those Tinashis, well.... that is ALOT of flash I'll grant you but its not actually that bad as far as I can see.

What you have on this Tinashis is not flash or even mold lines. The problem with those figures is that the mold was not compressed propperly or is so old that it cannot be compressed fully. So the lead leaks around the edges. It is harder to clean that simple flash (which is just run off channels to help the lead flow through the mold) due to thickness and the fact that it is a continuos seam around the mini. Not to mention the fact that there are parts of the model missing.

I think however that problems of this magnitude are not quite as common as general small imperfections that most people here are talking about.

Undecided said:

That would be part of the mold itself. When taking the mini out of the mold it can tear and break. It is mold wear and tear like this that causes all the softening of detail and filling in of fine details as t he mold ages. I guess on a positive note... If you do find little bits of the mold on your minis be thankful because the next casting run will be slightly worse... :wink:
To be perfectly honest, I've ordered three fleet boxed sets and now have fleets for eight seperate races and have only had three ships with any issues at all aside from a lack of holes for bases and the normal amount of flash. These are an Octurion with the fixing peg slots filled in; a White Star with a couple of details missing (quick bit of green stuff); a Shadow Scout with one spine half-cast. That's it, nothing more than that!

I'm posting this because I feel that a majority of players have not had problems and of course, don't have anything to post as a consequence. Yes, there are a number of miscasts that miss QC checks (not a good show) and even worse, are the newer ships that remain sold but unmade/delivered with no update left to people to give a (semi-)firm date by which the issue will be resolved. If these were to be done then I'm sure most complaints would never occur as aside from this Mongoose's customer service department is simply excellent.

I just painted over the flash if it was minor, the mini's look fine if you don't look to close. The chunks and missing bit's i pretending they are just battle damage.

Mongoose may be trying to squeeze every last dollar out of every mold, since they probably purchased them at a discout when AoG went out of business, not to mention the overstock as well.

I'd love to see the minis resculpted for a crisper product but I think we'll see prepainted plastics before that.

The whole stem not fitting into the ship thing is just inexcusable. Granted a relatively easy fix, the average consumer/gamer should be able to assemble everything with ease right out of the box.

Triggy said:
Court Jester said:
Locutus9956 said:

Undecided said:

To be perfectly honest, I've ordered three fleet boxed sets and now have fleets for eight seperate races and have only had three ships with any issues at all aside from a lack of holes for bases and the normal amount of flash. These are an Octurion with the fixing peg slots filled in; a White Star with a couple of details missing (quick bit of green stuff); a Shadow Scout with one spine half-cast. That's it, nothing more than that!

I'm posting this because I feel that a majority of players have not had problems and of course, don't have anything to post as a consequence. Yes, there are a number of miscasts that miss QC checks (not a good show) and even worse, are the newer ships that remain sold but unmade/delivered with no update left to people to give a (semi-)firm date by which the issue will be resolved. If these were to be done then I'm sure most complaints would never occur as aside from this Mongoose's customer service department is simply excellent.

Essentially I said the same thing...

Back