Imaro

The Warlord

Mongoose
Anyone have a clue as to where one can find copies of the three Imaro books at a decent price?

Also, has anyone read the Black Company? I hear it's dark fantasy, wondering how it aligns with S&S. Otherwise, is it worth reading?

Thanks!

Yea, I saw that. They look to be from some other sellers though, and book three for $145!! I understand the series isn't complete, so I'm not gonna drop $145 for a story with no ending.

So, question, if I order books I and II, does the transaction go through Amazon or will I have to contact one of those second hand dealers? Again, not for $145.

Thanks for the help, though!

There is a rumour that the Imaro stories might be republished by the same company that recently collected all the Kane stories into two volumes. Can't remember the publishers name at the moment, sorry. :oops:
There is also talk that the author wants to rewrite some elements of the stories. Apparently one of his stories has elements that were actually brought to life in the Rwanda genocide. The author doesn't want people to think that he used the actual events in the story.

The Warlord said:
Yea, I saw that. They look to be from some other sellers though, and book three for $145!! I understand the series isn't complete, so I'm not gonna drop $145 for a story with no ending.

So, question, if I order books I and II, does the transaction go through Amazon or will I have to contact one of those second hand dealers? Again, not for $145.

Thanks for the help, though!
I purchase about half the time through other vendors through Amazon. You pay Amazon like regular and it goes to the second seller. MAKE SURE they have a pretty good rating. Anything over 4 stars is good. They usually send the package media mail so be forwarned. I have had nothing but good transactions this way.... the first guy has 5 stars....also Mythos is right, they might reprint those stories. With all of the pulp coming back into popularity (to the masses) that might happen. I know the last Conan collection is coming in Nov. 2005 from Del Rey.

Did a little research and it seems Night Shade Books did the Kane collections. Hard to beleive, but those are OOP already! lol. These publishers don't make it easy for the S&S fan.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any mention of Imaro or Saunder on their site in regards to the reprint news.

In other news, looks like Hollywood is doing the Princess of Mars. The original director was Rodriguez, but it's since been handed over to the guy who did Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow. Haven't seen it. Any good?

I liked it for what it was. Done entirely with blue screen. I liked it for what the guy did to make the movie. Did the original 6 minutes on a Apple in his apartment and took him 2 years. Gwenth Paltrow liked the script so much that she did it, and did not get the big bucks. I would like to see this guy's take on it.....

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any mention of Imaro or Saunder on their site in regards to the reprint news.
Not surprised. As I said, it is only a rumour at this time. I'd have to go back and check, but the info was posted on one of the yahoo groups dealing with sword and sorcery fiction.

In other news, looks like Hollywood is doing the Princess of Mars. The original director was Rodriguez, but it's since been handed over to the guy who did Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow. Haven't seen it. Any good?
I caught this first in the theater and then bought it when released on DVD. As a fan of various types of pulp related fiction I loved it. The writer/directer clearly is a fan of the material and knows how to bring it on to the screen.

The Warlord said:
Did a little research and it seems Night Shade Books did the Kane collections. Hard to beleive, but those are OOP already!
If your interested in getting the set, the Sci Fi Book Club currently has their editions avalible.

kiln publications said:
You might want to fix that link, it bring one into that page as you and I don't want to see someone messing around....
Thanks for the warning! :lol: Cannot belive that I made that mistake.
Anyone looking for the Wagner Kane series will need to do a search through the Sci Fi Book Club's home page. They do have copies ready to ship.

Back