I'm Back

Not that anyone has probably missed me, but I am back on the forum now.
I hate it when real life intrudes on my gaming life.
Anyway, what's going on now? Other than the Shadizar map?

Not much really, seems like production has slowed for the Conan RPG which is a good thing for me, it'll allow me to save up and pick those few products I'm missing.

SS

And it's going to be like this for a while, I think. No new Conan stuff for some time now and the majority of scheduled releases are just filler one-shot adventures. I guess nothing 'big' is going to happen at least until 2006 (when we'll probably get Shem and Stygia), so let's just concentrate on available stuff and the game itself :)

The most surprising is that there is no new Conan sourcebook for the GenCon (according to the Mongoose annoucement).

The King said:
The most surprinsing is that there is no new Conan sourcebook for the GenCon (according to the Mongoose annoucement).

Seems that SST has priority...
And we shouldn't complain: we get enough chances to spend our money: two class books, a bestiary and the Shadow of the Sorcerer campaign for 2005.

René said:
The King said:
The most surprinsing is that there is no new Conan sourcebook for the GenCon (according to the Mongoose annoucement).

And we shouldn't complain: we get enough chances to spend our money: two class books, a bestiary and the Shadow of the Sorcerer campaign for 2005.
I admit that I am buying some Cthulhu sourcebooks at the time being, especially those from Germany wich are truly superb. Do you know there is an excellent box on Germany in the 1920's ?
As a former German scholar I didn't believe I could learn so much from RPG books. And I don't even talk of the picture of that time rather than mere illustrations.

The King said:
René said:
The King said:

I admit that I am buying some Cthulhu sourcebooks at the time being, especially those from Germany wich are truly superb. Do you know there is an excellent box on Germany in the 1920's ?
As a former German scholar I didn't believe I could learn so much from RPG books. And I don't even talk of the picture of that time rather than mere illustrations.

I agree, the German Cthulhu books are really superb. They go deep into local legends and mythology, but give at the same time a realistic feeling of the differences in the real life of that time.
I haven't read "Um Ulm herum" yet, but the product description is very promising - one adventure is about the town of Blaubeuren and the legend of the Blautopf. It's wonderful to see something you read about in fairy tales (without thinking of sinister lurking evils) at once transferred into a Cthulhu setting... Getting goosebumps...

You were a German scholar? Were you a teacher at school / university? A lovecraftian autodidact and privatier?

René said:
The King said:
René said:

I agree, the German Cthulhu books are really superb. They go deep into local legends and mythology, but give at the same time a realistic feeling of the differences in the real life of that time.
I haven't read "Um Ulm herum" yet, but the product description is very promising - one adventure is about the town of Blaubeuren and the legend of the Blautopf. It's wonderful to see something you read about in fairy tales (without thinking of sinister lurking evils) at once transferred into a Cthulhu setting... Getting goosebumps...

You were a German scholar? Were you a teacher at school / university? A lovecraftian autodidact and privatier?
There is even an adaptation of the little people of Howard (kleine Völker) with the legend of the Nibelungen in the then French occupied Ruhr area.

I just studied "Germanistic" but didn't taught, but yes I am quite an autodidact.

Back