Hyperion Ship Plans - Out This Week!

They are indeed a thing of beauty. :)

Personally I would have prefered them to have been formatted differently, the large poster is unwieldy. Several A3 sheets would have been better.

Opppsss Laminated! I think that is what I meant. Thanks LBH! My poster is not dead yet! At least it keeps saying........ "I'm not dead yet. As a matter of fact I'm getting better!"

Got my copy yesterday, very well produced, upto Mongooses' usual high standards.

But what's this with Ion Torpedoes on deck Bravo Six? Are we about to get an upgrade for ACtA? :)

Picked up the G'Quan plans yesterday. Took me a while to figue out what an "arc" meant in "arc deck". I like reading the background - very cool.

Chern

Arc deck????

Mine will be in my FLGS on Wednesday, but I'll be letting £100 worth of RPG build up until the end of next month so I can use a £20 off voucher.

Worth the wait to save that much.

LBH

Nomad said:
Got my copy yesterday, very well produced, upto Mongooses' usual high standards.

But what's this with Ion Torpedoes on deck Bravo Six? Are we about to get an upgrade for ACtA? :)

Good question?! :shock:
Hoping that the new B5 2nd will have the revised stats and ACTA should certainly have this added to the weapons list.

DW

HI all,

I am new to the forum, I just pciked up the Hyperion plans today, like them, but I have only one query. The gravity anchor and stairwells?

As I understand it Earthforce did not get Artifical Gravity until the Warlock Class. The Omega used a spin hull and everything else was pretty much zero-g. Looking at The beginning DVD it shows a Hyperion (Sheridians' Ship) with zero-g.

Is this error or later version of the Hyperion post the Warlock class?

That gravity anchor confused me too until I read the description a few times. It is not artificial gravity; it just uses it to attach to a space station so that when the station rotates so does the Hyperion giving it a semblance of gravity. And it can be used in the upper reaches of an atmosphere (I'm a bit fuzzy on that as I do not have the plans to hand).

Hope that helps :D

DW

Hi All,

I reread the section on page 7 concerning the gravity anchor.

I think know where I went wrong in the Bravo section over view (top of Page) it states that the gravity anchor is "a mechanism used for power generation and simulated gravity", but the detailed section (Deck Bravo 1) states that it is a very long hook thousands of metres long and was designde for docking ports(that are no longer in use). Docking to a space station would generate gravity via centrifugal force.
Obvsiously I did not read it properly :oops:

How it generates energy I not sure, any ideas?

Back