Hyboria's Fiercest: Hyperborean Stone Warrior Style

René

Banded Mongoose
p.77: gives the Endurance - Diehard - Toughness chain at levels 2, 5 and 11. The standard Borderer gets Endurance at lvl 3 and Diehard at lvl 6: What does he get now at these levels?

I'm not sure exactly what you're refering to, in fact it sounds like you answered your own question. But if you're looking to continue the Endurance - Diehard - Toughness chain, I'd add Great Fortitude as the fourth.

sbarrie said:
I'm not sure exactly what you're refering to, in fact it sounds like you answered your own question. But if you're looking to continue the Endurance - Diehard - Toughness chain, I'd add Great Fortitude as the fourth.

The standard Borderer gets Endurance at 3rd level, Diehard at 6th level.
The Hyperborean variant gives Endurance at 2nd, Diehard at 5th, Great Fortitude at 11th.

So you have for the Endurance chain 5 levels: 2, 3, 5, 6, 11.
But you have only 4 feats: Endurance, Diehard, Toughness (= the chain), plus Great Fortitude (outside the chain), in the Hyperborean variant given at 11th level.

So 1 feat is missing.

2 Endurance
3 Diehard (but according to Hyperborean variant at 5th level)
5 Toughness
6 ???
11 Great Fortitude

I hope, I could make my problem clear. Or am I missing something obvious?

I understand what you're saying now.

I'd consider Sleep Mastery for the fourth slot - it's kind of Endurance related, and would work well for an experienced Borderer. The feat "Tough as Nails" from Pirate Isles has Diehard as a prereq, so it may match better. Carouser is also sort of Endurance related, but may not suit Hyperboreans (I don't have the BB&N book).

Ah yes, these are good ideas: thanks to Raven and sbarrie!
And, sbarrie, get this book: it's worth every cent, though it's only b/w.

Damn this book sounds good. However, I think I'll wait for the remaining two classbooks just to have all classes "improved" at the same time.

Hmmm, I always thought that variants were just that. Something different. Why does it have to follow your rules? Oh, and if you think something is messed up, change them yourself.

Odovacar's Ghost said:
Why does it have to follow your rules? Oh, and if you think something is messed up, change them yourself.

1. I expected it to follow CONAN RPG rules.

2. I thought this forum is, besides other issues, for asking other gamers for their opinions.

Back