Hyboria's classes

Vincent791

Mongoose
What's all this thing with the temptress class? It seems that there is a lot of people divided by this new addition. What's the deal with it? Could you please give me some info about the class?

Also I was thinking on buying the books that include gazeteer (Road of Kings, Across the Thunder river, etc), but now I'm interested in Hyboria's fallen cause I've always liked rogues, thiefs, etc. And, as a result, I'm also interested in Hyborias Finest and Hyboria's Fiercest. This books includes only classes? Any info would be apreciated.

You just answer my question Vincent, I wanted to know if the books only give us abilities and classes or if they include cultural stuff, maps, etc.

Also I'd like to know the concept behind the temptress class. Is it a femme-fatale character or something? Thanks for the help!

Vincent791 said:
You just answer my question Vincent, I wanted to know if the books only give us abilities and classes or if they include cultural stuff, maps, etc.

Conan is all about the cultures, so the books are heavy on the cultural aspects.

Vincent791 said:
Also I'd like to know the concept behind the temptress class.

The concept is simple: The woman who rebels against the "woman's place" in society. She stands up to men and women who insist she "behave" or "conform." She does not do this by trying to lead a man's life (like Valeria), but by using the power her femininty naturally has. She does not suppress herself like she is supposed to. They seek to escape a woman's traditional roles. It is not a prostitute class - since many Hyborian societies actually see prostitutes as a traditional role for women - something the temptress rebels against. The book also details what forms the temptress might take in various cultures.

Vincent791 said:
Is it a femme-fatale character or something? Thanks for the help!

It can be. Page 43 discusses the femme fatale option. The temptress can also be played as a black widow, a gold-digger, a manipulator, an infiltrator, a poacher and other fallen archetypes who rebel against the roles man has given woman.

I'll pick this one after Road of Kings and Across the Thunder River. I guess it's gonna be the first book from Hyboria's classes that I'll get.

The explanation of the temptress was very helpful, hope to talk about her later, as soon as I read the book. Thanks for your time Vincent.

I liked all three of these books. The information and ideas presented in all three were excellent. All were well worth the purchase.

Good job Vincent! Excellent work as always. :)

Back