Hyborian Empires

The King

Cosmic Mongoose
I see this publication is no more scheduled. Is it postponed or cancelled? BTW if it is still actual, could I have some details about the system? Will it be played with cards (i.e. Birthright) or suitable for figurines tabletop?

I think its supposed to focus more on ruling a country or region, rather than actual mass combat, which Free Companies covers very well.

Stuff like taxation, resource management, building an army, building fortifications, etc. etc.

Kinda like the Birthright game for Conan.

This is just a guess though :)

I don't know exactly what the Goose has planned for H.K., but I've been reading a book called Fields of Blood that goes into realm management, the natural resources available in a geographical area, raising armies, etc. Interesting stuff to tide me over until Mongoose gets off their collective cans and releases H.K. (*Hint, hint!*) With a good deal of work I could homebrew fixes to make it fit Hyboria...

I also have fields of blood, but as of yet, haven't really needed to use it as none of my PC's have such grand designs as to take or build their own kingdom.

Are you blokes talking about Hyborian Empire?

The Conan releases include two rules supplements, Hyborian Empire (MSRP $29.95), a full color, 160-page hardcover that will allow players to overthrow an existing government, take over the throne and run the kingdom;

I've never read anything about Hyborian Kingdoms...or will that be the new title?

Would you dare try and take my throne? :twisted:

In fact, I am currently somewhat more involved in the D20 Slaine Celtic game which I believe could fit very well in an Hyborian campaign.

The King said:
Would you dare try and take my throne? :twisted:

That would be the Conan thing to do! King Strom - sounds good!

In fact, I am currently somewhat more involved in the D20 Slaine Celtic game which I believe could fit very well in an Hyborian campaign.

I liked reading the Slaine game toothill was running in the other forum - sounded fun. I'm thinking of getting Cold City and hunt soem WWII monsters in Berlin. 8)

Strom said:
I liked reading the Slaine game toothill was running in the other forum - sounded fun. I'm thinking of getting Cold City and hunt soem WWII monsters in Berlin. 8)
That was the campaign I was talking about and it's still going on.

You should organize something like this for Conan with a group of 4-5 players. I believe ot would be easy to find some players.

The King said:
That was the campaign I was talking about and it's still going on.

You should organize something like this for Conan with a group of 4-5 players. I believe ot would be easy to find some players.

That would be sweet but I have no time right now unfortunately. :(

time is always the problem.
I'd like too run a Conan campaign. I should ask tooty if it's time taking to prepare such on line campaign.

Anyone whom took the time time to run such a game would be greatly applauded. I'd heave my axe into the fray immediatly. ;)

But fact is that it's time consuming to create a campaign and carry out the game mechanics. It's easy to create a hack'n slash adventure but I believe there is no need for on-line campaigning for this.

Back