Hussar!

TGT

Banded Mongoose
From S&P due Nov 1st

"The Sagittarius Cruiser
By popular demand (yes, you know who you are!), the Sagittarius Cruiser for A Call to Arms has been revised and updated."

Has anything been done about any of the other more dubiously placed/statted ships in Armageddon? Nemesis, Liati, Neroon.... etc. etc.?

Alexb83 said:
Has anything been done about any of the other more dubiously placed/statted ships in Armageddon? Nemesis, Liati, Neroon.... etc. etc.?

I doubt it, though theyre not such big issues to be honest, if you think theyre weak simply dont field them, underpowered ships are nearly always WAY less of an issue than overpowered ones ;)

I reckon they have left it at skirmish, and cropped some AD. Though personally, I reckon its AD should be left, and the ship moved to Raid ;)

How are underpowered ships less of a problem than overpowered ships? It's all relative!

That's like saying that it's more of a tragedy for a guilty man to go free than it is for an innocent man to be imprisoned. Both are shoddy circumstances!

Not really, an overpowered ship is an urgent situation in the way an underpowered ship is not. The person choosing to use an under-powered ship may be hurting their own chances of winning unfairly, but it's their choice: one they shouldn't have to make, but their choice. An overpowered ship means the OTHER player chooses to unfairly depress your chances of winning. Similarly, if someone comes to a tournament with a bunch of underpowered ships, they'll probably lose but they certainly aren't gonna scuttle the whole thing. If somebody comes to a tournament with a horde of overpowered ships, they make the competition unfair and quite likely win over more skilled players with less cheesy fleets, defeating the whole purpose of the event.

TenaciousB said:
Where's the frickin new Dilgar stuff we were told was coming out???? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Patience young Padawan. If the release of the T'Rakk for the narn is anything to go by, you have another 12 months of waiting!

Yer choosing underpowered ships means giving yourself a handicap. Purely your own choice, and you had full control of it.

CHoosing overpowered ships is giving the enemy a handicap. SOmething they have no control over........

And the new Dilgar stuff? Blew up in the Nova ^^.

Underpowered selections, when some viable substitute is buy is available, never make it on the table. Overpowered ships, unfortunately, always make it on the table.

One problem, therefore, is theoretical, but often not practical. The second is a clear and present danger.

Exactly, and whilst those armageddnon ships may be underpowered you can quite easily field war or battle level ships to fill the points up for just about any of the races in question. EA dont like the Nemesis or Warlcok? simply field 3 or 4 Omegas or Marathons instead, Minbari dont like the Neroon? Well just plonk down a clouple of Sharlins then. Think the Liati sucks? Oh well I guess you just have to use an Octurion or a Couple of Priums or even Tertius, what a terrible shame (and frankly the Liati doesnt suck anyway it does exactly what its designed to do very VERY well, ie kill whitestars), Dont like the Brivioki? Say hello to my 32 attack dice of beam death from my 4 Kalivas....

On the other hand: Someone plonks down 10 Saggitarius at 5 pts raid... erm.... well.... oh yeah I remember what the answer in this case is. You die.

Underpowered ships are only a big issue if a list as a whole suffers because of it, sure if they were better they might well see more use (and Im all for that) but I certainly think most of the 'underpowered' ships are actualyl not as bad as some people claim, they all have their useses in the right situations. Take the nemesis for example, alot of people think its not very good, fair enoug but its DEADLY to Minbari with its HEL tracking system, and you dont want to find yourself staring down the barrel of that Molecualr slicer when you're hull 5 with not many hit points. I could well see a Nemesis blowing 2 Sharlins to bits. That said I could just as well see those two sharlins wasting the Nemesis....

Locutus9956 said:
I certainly think most of the 'underpowered' ships are actualyl not as bad as some people claim
Any uses for the Troligan? :p
Well you did say "most" so I'll let you off.

Burger said:
It's a great sponge... Personally, I found in my Abbai vs Minbari game, I could hit it with regularity, and it was close to the Sharlin I could NEVER hit, so splitting fire between the two was satisfying...

Wulf

Burger said:
Locutus9956 said:
I certainly think most of the 'underpowered' ships are actualyl not as bad as some people claim

An Entrant into the ugliest ship competition alongside the Brivoki, the Drakh Carrier, and the Nemesis?

hiffano said:
Burger said:
Locutus9956 said:

An Entrant into the ugliest ship competition alongside the Brivoki, the Drakh Carrier, and the Nemesis?

The Nemesis isn't so bad... I'd get rid of the Orestes or Avenger first if Iw as picking ugly EA ships.

The nemesis isnt that bad looking I just dislike it cos its FAR too similar to the Warlock. I mean sure its basically an shadowed up Warlock but it just looks sort of wrong somehow.

The Marathon on the other hand I really like.

As for the ship itself as I said the Nemesis does exactlty what it says on the tine and blows stealth targets to bits. I wouldnt fancy its chances vs an Adira or a VCD but in the words of Londo Mollari 'It is an imperfect universe' :p

Nah, its boresight lets it down, as well as the lack of fighters and forward minibeams. If it was 1 on 1, I daresay the Neroon wouldn't be a bad bet against a nemesis.

Back