How well has it sold?

Companies generally do not release their sales figures, as that is sensitive company information. But from what has been said, RQ has sold very well.

Dead Blue Clown said:
Archer said:
Companies generally do not release their sales figures, as that is sensitive company information.

True blue. RPG companies are notorious for not releasing this info.

Still, if all the bosses start showing up to work in Bentleys. :wink:

(Yeah, I know, not in this industry).

I know it's not hard facts, but the people working the booth at Gen Con were very happy with the sales. We know they sold at least 6 companions and my handbook. :) Hope they are very good!

Mac V said:
I know it's not hard facts, but the people working the booth at Gen Con were very happy with the sales. We know they sold at least 6 companions and my handbook. :) Hope they are very good!

They sold your handbook? did they give you compensation?

I work at a FLGS, and we sold 4 on presales, and 4 more within three days, and had people wanting more for when we get our next shipment (We'd planned to stagger half our initial sales orders through different wholesalers to ensure quick and consistent supply, but supplier #2 hasn't sent our pre-order yet, so we have had to wait for restocks from supplier #1 :evil:). Most non-D20 stuff doesn't sell that well unless it is WOD and a murder of Goths slink into the store.

The screen didn't sell as well, we still have a few left, but they never sell well unless there is extra exclusive content (scenearios, previews, or character sheets for example... note this one Mongoose), even then not liek core materials.

We now have larger numbers of pre-orders for other stuff. People have even per-odered Lhankmar. Some grumble a bit about some of things like on the forums, one even said he'd read things in-store before buying again, but most are happy to see RQ in print. One gy doesn't even want the rules, just the glorantha source book.

No-one seems at all keen on the Broo mini's, as they all have squads of beastmen and DND mini's at home. Personally, I'm very keen on Duck, Morokanth and Uz mini's.

Most gamers seem to want to see some Grand campaigns in print. Not little scenarios, but grand many months of gaming campaigns like City of Lies, Freeport, Witchfire triolgy, that one about the Cauldron City, that kind of thing. Something to keep players busy for months or years.

We even recently restocked KoDP for PC to satisfy a resurgence in Gloranthan interest RQIII has caused. Feedback on the Glorantha previews has been good too.

DD

Hi guys,

RuneQuest has sold extremely well - in the first four weeks, we sold nearly 4,000 copies and, as yet, it shows no signs of slowing.

We are just hoping we have printed enough copies of Glorantha (and I suspect we haven't. . .).

Now if only you had kept Glorantha to 3rd age.. Oh a big box of Pavis & Big Rubble goodness could be for the having.. :)

Glad to hear it's selling so well.

And I'm sure quite a few folk here are hoping that you've printed enough copies of the Glorantha book as well...

Are the next few release dates (for the Companion, Glorantha and Cults) still up to date?

Yours, in expectancy

indrodar said:
Glad to hear it's selling so well.

And I'm sure quite a few folk here are hoping that you've printed enough copies of the Glorantha book as well...

Are the next few release dates (for the Companion, Glorantha and Cults) still up to date?

Yours, in expectancy

They are indeed - we have many of these books in our office already, so sales won't be far behind (RQ Companion will start appearing in your stores this week, for example. . .).

Arkat said:
Now if only you had kept Glorantha to 3rd age.. Oh a big box of Pavis & Big Rubble goodness could be for the having.. :)

I can imagine some other great areas as well. Some other city, some other nation. I'd like to see other areas of glorantha developed. One of the reasons we love Pavis and Prax is that so much good material was available for it. I'd like to see more on Notchet and other great capitals.

DD

It takes my FLGS a few days to get it and I am going on an 11 day vacation Wednesday (without computer). So not only No companion for me for a couple of weeks, I will miss all the feedback on these boards.

Damn you Vacation!

Back