How to look at the film

Is Starship Troopers the film really a propaganda film?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Dont know

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
guys, call me stupid but I just like the film for what it is.

Grade A popcorn fodder.

(then again I haven't read the books or seen the CGI so just igore me and I'll just go back to loitering in the corner)

Anonymous said:
guys, call me stupid but I just like the film for what it is.

Grade A popcorn fodder.

it also works as a promo film for recruitment to the forces as a real life army child I was told the stories and history that made you and your regiment better than all the rest and this film works very well on that level.

Theres any number of ways of incorporating two different views into a single universe. Possibly the best way is to look at it as follows

The novel explores the more fundermental side of the universe, focusing on the nature of that universe and its inhabitants.

The movie presents a view of the universe and its inhabitants to an outsider, with a very different cultural view. Of course the film attempts to be something that is unrelated to the book, which to me is preferable (adaptation rather than direct media translation).

Besides I wanna play bugs, so its not a big deal to me why the crunchy tasty snack men are being delivered like so many pizzas.... :lol:

Back