Votes: 0 0.0%
  • less than half

• one or two

• Total voters

toothill man

Mongoose
was wondering how others collected conan I am at this moment complete as in have everything but are others the same or with all this good stuff do others cherry pick their buys

heres the poll guys

I have it all except Ruins of Hyboria, Faith & Fervour and Tito's Trading Post. Voted 'more than half' but its probably just a matter of time until I'm in the 'complete'-group. :)

I have one or two bits I got through the Mongoose Infantry.

But the other Mongoose lines that I collect personally I buy in completion, Conan just isn't one of those for me.

LBH

I don't have the following:
Tito's Trading Post
Stygia (I may pick up)
Ruins of Hyboria
Tower of the Elephant
Heretics of Tarantia
Hyboria's Fallen
Conan and the Lurking Terror of Nahab
Hyboria's Fiercest
Tales of the Black Kingdom

There was a point about half way through what has been published thus far that I felt like it was "meh." I'm more likely to pick up full color products even at a higher cost as I feel the quality is better. I just got Faith & Fervour, and again I'm ify. I like some of it, other portions I just found tedious.

I know I'm getting harder and harder to please at this point because there is a lot of d20/OGL product out there that has high quality now.

I've got everything, but then again I'm a GM and a completist. I've got the Pokemon syndrom, got to collect them all!

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi said:
I don't have the following:
Tito's Trading Post
Stygia (I may pick up)
Ruins of Hyboria
Tower of the Elephant
Heretics of Tarantia
Hyboria's Fallen
Conan and the Lurking Terror of Nahab
Hyboria's Fiercest
Tales of the Black Kingdom

There was a point about half way through what has been published thus far that I felt like it was "meh." I'm more likely to pick up full color products even at a higher cost as I feel the quality is better. I just got Faith & Fervour, and again I'm ify. I like some of it, other portions I just found tedious.

'Tito's...' is not a must-have (it's handy though), Stygia is great, 'Ruins...' is one of the best Conan stuff so far, 'Heretics...' is so-so, Hyboria's X is good, 'Terror of Nahab' sucks, 'Tales...' are good. A fast review :)

More than half for me. I have the following:

1) First edition Core Rulebook
2) Pocket size rulebook
3) GM Screen
4) Road of Kings
5) Across Thunder River
6) Stygia
7) Hyboria's Fiercest
8) Pirate Isles
9) The Scrolls of Skelos
10) Tales of Black Kingdom
11) The Free Companies
12) Shadizar
13) Heretics of Tarantia
14) Black Stones of Kovag-re

I really want to get Aquilonia, Ruins and Faith but just haven't been able to pick it up. Kudos to you completeists - this has to be one of the best supported games out there and if you have a complete run it's cost you some dough - my collection sure has. But worth every penny - I love this game! 8)

Whatever I've got, I've put into the Master Index--probably 14 or so books. I've been grueling over whether or not to buy Shadizar and Tower of the Elephant. I absolutely love Stygia, Ruins and Faith & Fervour, and will definitely get Argos & Zingara. 8)

http://www.fidnet.com/~bushfarm/wnvb/conan4.html

edit: Is the GM screen worth the cost?

The only product I don't have a/o this post is Tito's Trading Post, but I'm not expecting to GM a Conan campaign again until 2007 at least.

Yogah of Yag said:
Is the GM screen worth the cost?
That's questionable. It has a lot of stuff that can come in handy. Remember that it was one of the first products released in the Conan line. What it's missing may not be obviously apparent at first glance, but once you're running a game and realize you're using a 1st ed. screen which doesn't have many tables, indexes or points of interest, well.... :wink: . If ya like privacy and are constantly looking for references, it will ease the spine of your main book a little, but otherwise it's questionable.

Let's see... I suppose it's easier to count what I don't have. :wink:

I don't have the GM screen or the class splatbooks (Fiercest, Finest, Fallen) because I'm not using the Conan system. For the same reason I don't have the Atlantean or Pocket edition (the original is good enough for me).

I don't have Free Companies or Pirate Isles because I don't care enough for the topic, and I don't have Messantia because Shadizar was expensive enough.

Other than that... gotta catch them all! I pick them up as soon as they come out. 8) And I have no clue when to read all of them.

I guess that puts me into the "more than half" category.

I have only 4 books (road of Kings, Shadizar, Pirate Isles and Hyb. Fiercest) and resold 3 others (Core book 1st printing, screen and scrolls of skelos).

Padre said:
'Tito's...' is not a must-have (it's handy though), Stygia is great, 'Ruins...' is one of the best Conan stuff so far, 'Heretics...' is so-so, Hyboria's X is good, 'Terror of Nahab' sucks, 'Tales...' are good. A fast review :)
Thanks Padre, I'll take a closer look at a few of those then.

I voted "complete". I get them all as soon as they come out. Great game - I'm loving it. The only thing I don't have is The Pocket Edition.

Having playtested most of the books helps as I get a free book when it's released. Therefore I have a complete collection of Conan. Pretty expensive set as well.

Sam

Books I don't have but am planning on getting:
Ruins
Faith
Tales of the Black Kingdoms

Books I don't have and won't be getting cuz I don't use Duh20:
class books
gm screen
Atlantean
Pocket

The rest of the books I have and enjoy immensely! Now, if Mongoose puts out a Runequest Conan, I'll buy it for sure!

I have everything soon after it comes out, so I voted complete. Currently waiting for the last module, Heretics, though. Even got an extra 1st ed! Edit, actually I even have that module?!

The only things I don't have are the Hardcover Atlantean edition and the pdf stuff. In addition, I have most of the novels/collections that came out in the late '70s and early '80s (plus have all of the new Age of Conan novels out now), some of the old Marvel comics (Conan and Red Sonya), many issues of the old Savage Sword comic, all of the new Conan and Sonya comics, GURPS Conan, TSR's Conan stuff plus most of the AD&D modules, both Conan movie DVD's, and the Conan TV series DVD collection. Still trying to get a CD of the Conan movie soundtrack(s).
Almost forgot, used to have an old Conan computer game for my long gone Apple II+ computer back in the mid-80's; and also once had a couple of copies of the Conan/Hyboria miniatures rules in my old game store (circa 1977-1978, sold one copy and had the other shoplifted/pinched :evil: ).

Have not gotten the new CCG as I heard the game wasn't that great, and am very leery of the new upcoming MMORPG.

Complete. My FLGS automatically orders them for me, knowing I'll buy.
It's the only game I own everything for, but the new RuneQuest is going to give me problems.
Which to support? I can only afford one. Suggestions welcome... :?

Back