How do you use scouts?

The Drazi don't need a scout! Just point us to where the enemy is. What do you mean we don't know where the enemy is? Where are our scouts... Crap. :oops:

So before any firing is allowed,(even fighters?) scouts get the option to re-direct fire/weaken stealth?
What if your successful for re-direct/stealth and the scout is then destroyed? Do u lose the re-direct/stealth bonus that u previous succeeded in getting? :?

Scouting I believe take place either between moving and shooting phases or before any shooting, depending on how you look at it. :wink: Remember that scouts who use special actions cannot use their scout ability.

Chernobyl

JayRaider said:
So before any firing is allowed,(even fighters?) scouts get the option to re-direct fire/weaken stealth?
What if your successful for re-direct/stealth and the scout is then destroyed? Do u lose the re-direct/stealth bonus that u previous succeeded in getting? :?
I was actually thinking about that yesterday. Might have to say you don't or otherwise fighters are rip scouts apart before other ships can act. Scouts become extremly weak to fighters since they ignore stealth within 1" (Is that right?) and have less hits. Lucky Corvans are cheap.

JayRaider said:

I asked about this, and I believe that you get the benefit from any redirect/stealth roll you made, even if the scout is then destroyed.

Cpt Kremmen

Captain Kremmen said:
JayRaider said:

I asked about this, and I believe that you get the benefit from any redirect/stealth roll you made, even if the scout is then destroyed.

Cpt Kremmen
Wrong, if a scout is destroyed, the stealth drop or redirect is lost. Fighters however, keep their Scanners To Full even if destroyed. Go figure.
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17883

Sorry about that, my memory is very poor. Certainly a bit tricky to remember that with scout it doesn't last but with fighters it does.

Ours is not to reason why.

Shame though means I have to try and keep my Vree scout saucer alive, which is tricky as it appears tro be made out of the same polystyrene tiles that keep falling off the space shuttle.......

I wonder, perhaps it was a Vree scout that crashed at Roswell, and that's where we got the idea from? Shame it wasn't a Sharlin or something cool that crashed :)

Kremmen

i remember asking the question about fighters and scanners to full when theyre subesquently destroyed and had assumed that it was the same with scouts until sometime later I asked THAT question too and got the suprise answer that destroying scouts DOES take the actions off...

I would suggest that the scouts should keep the stealth lowering if destroyed as this is essentially the SAME as with the fighters but lose the redirect (which is a coninual painting effect and potentially MUCH more powerful abiliity anyway)

Burger said:
Wrong, if a scout is destroyed, the stealth drop or redirect is lost. Fighters however, keep their Scanners To Full even if destroyed. Go figure.
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17883

I may be reading it wrong but that thread doesn't state that the S2F still stands if the fighters are destroyed, it would seem to me that if a ship being destroyed kills the SA and it's effects then the same should go for a destroyed fighter.

LBH

Well Locutus made a very clear post, and it never got answered.

Going from GW grammar knowledge, where everything has to spelled out exactly *grin*

Its neither a no or yes. But id assume fighter stays, cause there was no negative answer...

But i have to say that both cases are part of the twiggling in a rules change (nerf or boost) as a rules clarification. Because both read exactly the same, as if you succeed the roll, "the stealth is reduced for the remainder of the turn."

And i wouldnt worry about Vree saucers Kremmen. Stay 24 inches away from youre intended target, and youre at 6+ stealth for most of them. And even at 5+ stealth people will normally choose a ship without stealth to receive attention.

Back