how do you buy ammo for your PPG ?

Waylander.

Mongoose
Since PPG Cap are illegal.

PPG pistol are restricted, so let's imagine you have got your permit....but how do you purchase ammo ?

Normal ammo has the same legality class as the gun it's for. (well, at least that's how it works without interference from the error demons)

Some ammo types may have worse legality rating (for example a flare gun fires flares - bot ought to be completely legal; bit there might also be a slug round used for military versions as emergency defense shot, and that would be illegal for civilians to own... or a slugthrower pistol might be legal planetside with permit, as would be standard FMJ ammo, but armor-piercing ammo would be illegal for civilians... that sort of thing. Not really applicable to energy weapons of course... there we would habve illegal modifications "hotshotting" the gun to increase the energy output, or modifying it for autofire, etc.)

And finally... devious players (especially those who own illegal guns and don't want to pay black market prices for their caps, or leave a trail for security to follow) can get around the requirements by fixing up a jury-rigged recharge station to fill spent caps! It will be more expensive (just like rechargable batteries are more expensive then disposals); it will be tricky (so the character needs to have the right knowledge and skills, or find someone trustworthy who does), and it is one more thing that can go wrong, break down or be discovered by the authorities. And remember, power itself is usually regulated and controlled on space stations (watch "And the Sky full of Stars"; Knight One & Two have to bribe that security guard to get the energy pod they need for their cybernet).

Reaverman said:
No, cos that sounds like D&D in space :?

Arrrrgh, Monty Haul meets B5. :shock:

<GM> "You only need another 50XP to get to level ten"
<Player> "Cool. I pick up the crowbar, look around for the nearest Centauri and brain him. How many new HPs do I get, and more importantly how many credits were in his pocket?"

nick it from the dead people you shoot and there ppg, credits etc
Not always a good idea though. In another campaign one player got his character twenty years of hard time through this tactic - he kinda forgot that when the cops find a weapon registered to a dead guy in an unsolved murder case on your person, guess who suddenly becomes suspect number one? (and I as GM don't let players get away from holes they dug themselves - at least not without a big pound of flesh to show them why it is good to consider the possible consequences of their PC's actions before they do something stupid).
Worse - in a campaign one of my associates ran, a player street samurai couldn't resist taking the exquisite handgun of an bad guy hitman they survived... only to be caught with it in a firefight a few sessions later. It clearly was self-defence, so they had nothing to fear from the police... or so they thought. Until the ballistics compared the bullets from this self-defence case to their files, and found they matched several hits during the last couple of years... so the rest of the group had a hell of a time scraping together proof that their friend wasn't the international killer (without implicating themselves in latters violent demise a few gaming sessions ago) while that PC was getting some unwanted attention from his new prison buddies...

Shadow Queen said:

"I killed him, his stuff is mine!"
Old D&D Rule #1

I'm just waiting to get one of my players in trouble over the Minbari PPG he took from a slavers vault. And he didn't even have the common decency to kill the slaver first. Some people, no sense of propriety. :wink:
Oh well, they should be taking care of that little detail this weekend, I think they were upset that he tried to have them killed for ransacking his compound.

aelius said:
Shadow Queen said:

"I killed him, his stuff is mine!"
Old D&D Rule #1

I'm just waiting to get one of my players in trouble over the Minbari PPG he took from a slavers vault. And he didn't even have the common decency to kill the slaver first. Some people, no sense of propriety. :wink:
Oh well, they should be taking care of that little detail this weekend, I think they were upset that he tried to have them killed for ransacking his compound.

Let us know what happens please

Back