How BIG is it?

Clangador

Mongoose
How big is the Alpha Complex? How many sectors does it have? Has anyone mapped it out? The world wonders...

The world may never know, there have been some that know, but knowing is treason, and they were executed.

Alpha Complex doesn't have a defined size or location or shape. The books present one angle, but you have the option to do as you please. It's like running a superhero campaign and setting it in your own home town... because it's familiar and you can improvise more easily. PARANOIA works the same - you can make it 'local' or put it somewhere that works for you.

A glimpse of some alternate possibilities (I came up with) can be found here on Omega Complex, for example.

Paul

It doesn't really need to be big at all. Plato's cave was tiny and still had the poor gulible critters fooled into thinking it was the entire world.

I've decided to go with the idea that it's too big for the pcs to understand, yet small enough that coincidences like randomly meeting my NPCs can still occur.

Although the Alpha Complex Coordinate System, does allow for extensive Computer mapping, the actual size of Alpha Complex is classified at Ultraviolet level and only available on a need to know basis.

alskjfha!#@

"The exact centerrr of Alpha Complex is in [classified] Sector, and this is vere you will find the Capitalists Computerrr!"

"Long live the Worrrkers of Alpha Complex."

Zap! Zap! Zap!

Sorry about that loyal citizens of Alpha Complex! Had to do a little cubiclekeeping there.

xombie said:
I've decided to go with the idea that it's too big for the pcs to understand, yet small enough that coincidences like randomly meeting my NPCs can still occur.

The size of New York then.

I was just watching THX 1138 and the city in that was pretty interesting.

But, if one could fin the Computers main CPU, that would be a great place to plant a few grenades. I GMed one session and my PCs are already thinking of how to take out the Computer...

Yeah thats a classic. Make them think the computer is dead. Run a follow up mission that ends in a pie fight then have the computer come back online!

The center of the complex may be MMM or NNN. My thinking is that it is possibly in the MEM Sector. The physical location of the CPU core itself, would most likely not be in CPU Sector, that would be too obvious, as would MEM, come to think of it. The lowest most central location, if the Computer based the coordinates central on itself (Why wouldn't it), Then that may be one of either: MMZ, MNZ, NMZ, or NNZ.

The above message was a virus on my normal work station, sorry. I will report this commie hacking immediately!

Back