Hmm AOG minis for sale

angelus2000

Mongoose
I just saw a deal for some Narn AOG minis? From everything Ive read its the same mini and everything for ACTA but I just wanted a confirmation

AOG have 2 sizes of mini, Fleet Action and ermm, big ones. Both are usable in ACTA, but big ones are generally considered the "proper" ones by most players.
(Shuttup Tank)

Both are usable in ACTA

Not in any official events I've run. Just counters and ACTA scale figures.

(Which means FA-scale fighters and regular-scale captial ships)

Sorry for the thread-jack. :)

Bry

Oh right didn't know that... so Tank better get some big ones (or some counters) for Into The Fire on the 16th then??

In fact I quote page 3 of the Tourney pack

"A 5 point Raid level fl eet, as either
miniatures or counters (we tend to
allow people to use the old Fleet
Action miniatures if they wish)"

I would NEVER turn a player away from a regular game or campaign if they were using what I like to call "FA metal counters". ;) But full-on official tourneys at big events, I feel in my opinion, are a different story.

As he is the big boss-man, Matthew may say totally otherwise, which would utterly veto anything I might utter here, but I know when I ran tourneys at GenCon (last year) and Origins (except for the first year, as that all the models were not readily available yet), we have run them with Counters and ACTA miniatures.

Then again, it has never been an issue either. Everybody that showed up to the four big American tourneys I have run thus far either brought the counters or ACTA ships. Since it hasn't come up for me yet, perhaps this gives me a different look upon it, as I have not had to make that decision as of yet AT a tourney.

I know I would not shy away from playing somebody in a one-off game because they were using the old FA minis, but in an official Mongoose Prize Supported tourney...where some people throw full-on fits about base sizes and fighter stacking and the like as it is...we need to try and stay uniform in what we allow. Especially as some of the old FA-scale ships become new vessels for us to use in ACTA (Vree Xaar and new White Star Fighters), which may cause further confusion if we do not standardise. People are always happy when there is a standard it seems, so long as the standard doesn't go against them. :wink:

This is just my opinion, and how I have always ran official tourneys before (which may be in error, if Matthew tells me not to in the future).

As a company, we don't sell the old FA stuff for ACTA use (except when it has been re-invented as a new vessel altogether). It would be like going to a 40k tourney with your Epic models and saying that it must be okay because it represents the same thing (Okay, not really the SAME...but you get the idea). Tournaments and stuff are really awesome to play in and hopefully come home with a win...but shouldn't we -as players of the game- also want to support the products that funds it?

Just a collection of my views, which may be incorrect...I've been known to make mistakes before (which frequently lose my games...btw). Hell, I'm just a writer...we have editors for a reason. :)

Cheers all,
Bry

Mongoose Steele said:
Both are usable in ACTA

Not in official events. Just counters and ACTA scale figures.

(Which means FA-scale fighters and regular-scale captial ships)

Sorry for the thread-jack. :)

Bry

better get an official reply for this one before the brown stuff starts flying. :wink:

No prob folks...I stand corrected. :)

Like I said, I TOTALLY make mistakes. I'm human...even though I wish I was Drazi...

If the status quo is FA is okay, so be it. I only know what I prefer and what I believed to be the tournament way of doing things.

No big deal either way for me...I'll go in and edit that first post so it doesn't look so damned official-sounding. That'll help from new players and thread-visitors from thinking like I have any sort of real say around here, anyway. :wink:

For anyone whose heart skipped a beat...my apologies. Even though I really don't like the FA scale on the table (personal opinion), I'll be happy to rock out against them anytime - tourney or not it seems! :)

-Bry

ps- Prelude? When is the next Chicago tourney? I want to drop in if I can for another promo-play. 8)

Mongoose Steele said:
No prob folks...I stand corrected. :)

Like I said, I TOTALLY make mistakes. I'm human...even though I wish I was Drazi...

If the status quo is FA is okay, so be it. I only know what I prefer and what I believed to be the tournament way of doing things.

No big deal either way for me...I'll go in and edit that first post so it doesn't look so damned official-sounding. That'll help from new players and thread-visitors from thinking like I have any sort of real say around here, anyway. :wink:

For anyone whose heart skipped a beat...my apologies. Even though I really don't like the FA scale on the table (personal opinion), I'll be happy to rock out against them anytime - tourney or not it seems! :)

-Bry

ps- Prelude? When is the next Chicago tourney? I want to drop in if I can for another promo-play. 8)

Mongoose Steele -

I talked to Timeslip on Monday and he told me that he was considering another tournament around November, but he wasn't sure of the date yet.

Dave

I just asked the boss-man himself, and he really doesn't care what people use to play the game.

So...where I am a bit of a hard-arse about it in MY tourneys, Matthew is not...

No fear FA folks...yer safe from my meanie-ness. :wink:

Take care all, I gots work to do!

Bry

Over here in lil` Belgium, the only thing NOT allowed are actual counters, unless for fighters. Most store owners, club organisers etc etc find that the tounreys they organise are for the B5 MINIATURE game, so counters are actually relegated to `things to test new fleets with` :?

Mongoose Steele said:
Not sure when the next one is - I think everyone is waiting for 'A' to land an go from there. We've had three tourneys so far and all run by different people. I know timeslip was contemplating a fourth but I don't know specifics.

I'll be sure to let you know though. I hope you can bring the whole crew again too.

Back