High Guard Power Plants & Ships

Dizzy

Mongoose
I just received my hard copy of High Guard yesterday. I started going through the ships and the rules for creating your own. I've noticed that many of the ships that are also in the core rules are slightly different.

My example will be the Free Trader.

The power requirements on page 15 matches the standard ships in the core rules better than in High Guard in some cases.

Basic Systems requires 20% of hull. Core: 40 HighGuard: 20?
Manoeuvre Drive requires 10% of hull multiplied by Thrust. Core: 20 HighGuard: 20
Jump Drive requires 10% of hull multiplied by max jump. Core: 20 HighGuard: 40?

Is there information or errata I'm missing? Thank you for your help!

Dizzy said:
Is there information or errata I'm missing? Thank you for your help!

When the ships where initially done High Guard was still being worked on. The ships in High Guard should be the updated ones, though there are some corrections to them that haven't even made it into the PDF yet. Should be an errata at some point for the ships.

Dizzy said:
My example will be the Free Trader.

The power requirements on page 15 matches the standard ships in the core rules better than in High Guard in some cases.

Basic Systems requires 20% of hull. Core: 40 HighGuard: 20?
Manoeuvre Drive requires 10% of hull multiplied by Thrust. Core: 20 HighGuard: 20
Jump Drive requires 10% of hull multiplied by max jump. Core: 20 HighGuard: 40?
There is no real problem, the power requirements for Basic Systems and Jump are reversed for the free Trader in HG. The formulas on p15 are correct.

Basic Systems requires 20% of hull: 200 × 20% = 40,
Manoeuvre Drive requires 10% of hull multiplied by Thrust: 200 × 10% × 1 = 20
Jump Drive requires 10% of hull multiplied by max jump: 200 × 10% × 1 = 20

Thank you everyone for your input. I don't have the .pdf yet, but will need to grab it for the errata when it is put in. I just found it odd that the formula in High Guard better matched the core. I'll be on the lookout to reverse engineer my players ships then. Thanks!

Back