Hex crawl

JRR

Mongoose
I'm about to start a Conan game with an old school bent. I'd like a sandbox style game, but I can't really find any maps that would work with that kind of game. I'm thinking of starting in Zamora, but I haven't found a map yet. What product should I look for? Currently, I only have the core rulebook. Are there any smaller scale maps out there? I'd like to throw a hex overlay over a map and just turn the players loose. I can always make stuff up, draw my own maps, but that takes more time - and artistic talent - than I have.

Sorry for the 20 questions and thanks in advance for any advice.

Here are maps

http://hyboria.xoth.net/maps/index.htm

There is a map of Zamora in the 'Regional Maps' section.

Thanks, that's a good looking map. But what I really need is something on a much smaller scale. I suppose I can make something up. I'd like to have hexes no larger than 30 miles to a one inch hex.

I snake all my campaign info from the site Nyarly provided a link for. Just use the maps provided there and lay a hex grid over it. For smaller scale zoom in on a single hex and lay a hex grid over that. Repeat however many times you need to until you have the scale you want. If you maintain this process over an extended period of time you can end up with an extremely detailed and unique Hyborian world. Your Hyboria doesn't have to be the same as my Hyboria.

Back