Help! Bab5 is dying here!

The_Daminator

Mongoose
Help! Help! The Bab 5 community has died at the Danger planet store in Waltham Massachussetts USA! All that is left is a bunch of fighter blisters collecting dust on the bab 5 self (and my raiders fleet!). What should I do to breath some life back into this great game? I just don't under stand it, I left for a year to get my Emergency Medical Technician certification, and look what happens...........Dead! :cry:

Someone actively and visibly playing is always a good way of getting more players. Demos with painted models (as mentioned above) will usually generate some interest.

break into and loot a cuddly toy shop, strap C4 to each cuddly toy and demand that people play with you or the toys get it.

Run a couple of demos with iconic fleets/shps, get a Laptop playing a few battlescenes in the background to get people going, oooh, ahhhhh and then submerge them in the tabletop battle.

If all else fails (since I would never suggest abandoning you LGS) or you need a pick up game or two to get the ideas flowing, our club is in Fall River (not that far away!) and we are B5 crazy right now with an 8 player campaign. PM if interested, I'll send the club website info to you. Maybe get a crew together to take a drive, and you can get a B5 day in, get the blood flowing again.

I hear you. I only have two or three people including myself playing at the local store I play at. I know there are a few in another store. Tonight I will be running a demo....hopefully I will get a few bites.

It sucks that you love something so much and you just can't get people to play it with you as well as get some interest going.

If anyone is in New Jersey, USA in or around the Cedar Grove area, I am running demos tonight (3/22/07) at Time Warp Comics.

Maybe I will see someone there.

Good luck to all of you running demos at other stores. Lets get some more US support to add to the UK and MGP!!!

-OTSK

Aww nuts, I missed the announcement by the day. I live about 30 minutes away from Time Warp(last I checked, I might have it confused with another place though).

Shadow- how often do you guys play B5 around there?

Join the club...

There was one LGS in my area with gaming space and a healthy ActA following... it started to loose steam with all the rule changes... and after SfoS died completely after a few munchkin fleets emerged as all powerful.

I really like the ActA rule system and play whenever I get the chance at conventions and such... but its dead in St. louis... off hand I cant even think of a store that carries it anymore.

I've noticed that games get selected almost on the peer pressure system -- if a whole bunch of people are playing something on a busy day at the store, others want to check it out. The theory is, if several people are playing at once, it's got to be good, so check out whatever it is.

Strategy: get a team of folks from the various local game shops with small ACtA followings together, and then show up on a busy day at one person's store as a mass, to generate the buzz. When people come to check out what the big thing going on is -- that's a stone cold lock -- then get them moving ships. Then explain that you don't have to have minis, these counters are allowed too, just as well, and cheaper.

Take the moving tour from each small local shop to the next, showing this wealth of interest -- even if all the interest isn't local -- to each local shop. No need to tell the observers that some folks had to drive a long ways to show up!

This strategy should work extremely well come 2nd Edition, when the new players will only need to buy one product to get going, not a whole stack.

Warjammy said:
If all else fails (since I would never suggest abandoning you LGS) or you need a pick up game or two to get the ideas flowing, our club is in Fall River (not that far away!) and we are B5 crazy right now with an 8 player campaign. PM if interested, I'll send the club website info to you. Maybe get a crew together to take a drive, and you can get a B5 day in, get the blood flowing again.

I would say it's that far just to play ACTA from waltham to fall river

Run a store demo, bring extra ships for new players, have a copy of the rules for others to check out, have some B5 music for the mood, and dress up like a Narn! :)

Back