Helghast/Vordak

Sunlord

Mongoose
I have noticed that the stats for these two creatures seem to be strange. Shouldn't a Helghast have a higher Challenge Rating (5) than a Vordak (8)?

Anyone else notice this? Also, is the Burrowcrawler supposed to be a StoneWorm (book 4)?

Sorry if these have already been asked before, I am new to the RPG.

Sunlord said:
I have noticed that the stats for these two creatures seem to be strange. Shouldn't a Helghast have a higher Challenge Rating (5) than a Vordak (8)?

Maybe it should, but that's how the game was written. I remember this also came up back when the book was released last year.

Anyone else notice this? Also, is the Burrowcrawler supposed to be a StoneWorm (book 4)?
No, it's a burrowcrawler, according to JD's notes which August had access to. The burrowcrawler LW meets in book 1 is a juvenile.

Sorry if these have already been asked before, I am new to the RPG.
Indeed they have, but don't worry too much about it.

As I said here...

The Vordak (CR 6) is tougher than the Helghast (CR 5) because although the Helghast's DR is 20/magic and the Vordak's is only DR 5/good or magic, the Vordak is also immune to cold, has magic resistance 18 and regeneration 2.
The Helghast is harder to harm, certainly, but the Vordak is much more difficult to kill.

NS.

Vordaks are like field officers (and are apparently used as the air elite on kraan, as giaks don't seem to be as proficient in flight), so yeah, they'd be higher up the chain than the Helghast double-agents. Helghasts strike me as somewhat dumb, anyhow.

i quite like the helghasts, ever since in the Legends of Lone Wolf when they would stop and have conversations with their victims :twisted: I've always seen the vordaks as the prototypes too, the helghasts are the newer and better model in my eyes

Don't get me wrong--I don't dislike Helghasts. I just don't think they're particularly intelligent, all told.

I likewise don't take much of the characterization in the Legends books as canon. After all, the Legends books make Lone Wolf out to be an inept oaf, and since I'm the one playing Lone Wolf, I know for a fact that he's a brilliant and cunning warrior with irresistable charm and charisma.

modest too
i quite liked Lone Wolf as the innatentive student, id made it more cool when he eventually becomes the legendary saint of lord kai, and i use the idea of close mindedness that is touched on in legends as making kai lords more interesting to play, sorta like jedi's being turned to the dark side in star wars

Wannabe Drakkar said:
modest too
i quite liked Lone Wolf as the innatentive student, id made it more cool when he eventually becomes the legendary saint of lord kai, and i use the idea of close mindedness that is touched on in legends as making kai lords more interesting to play, sorta like jedi's being turned to the dark side in star wars

Innatentive student is fine. Bumbling oaf is not. I think Chalk just took that too far.

John Grant wrote the Legends of LW, not Gary Chalk. He was the artist for the first 8 gamebooks as well as the Magnamund Companion, but I'm sure you knew that and that was only a slip.

Right, right, my mistake. I know who's who, it was just my temporary lapse. I don't think much of Grant's work.

Back